DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

That wasn't a reference to you, I think we all know you're lucky enough to watch the shows on TV :P  I have just noticed before that people seem to prefer DM/YT, I guess if people watch it at work or on their phones that is easier than downloading the matches.  I'm the opposite, I need to be able to watch them in VLC in order to review them so I can't watch them on streaming sites.  Plus if it is streamed there is always a chance the account will be shut down and all the matches will suddenly be gone.

it's very easy to download from youtube and dailymotion now. I'd recommend YTD Video Downloader. It's what I use and I have zero problems.

That wasn't a reference to you, I think we all know you're lucky enough to watch the shows on TV :P  I have just noticed before that people seem to prefer DM/YT, I guess if people watch it at work or on their phones that is easier than downloading the matches.  I'm the opposite, I need to be able to watch them in VLC in order to review them so I can't watch them on streaming sites.  Plus if it is streamed there is always a chance the account will be shut down and all the matches will suddenly be gone.

it's very easy to download from youtube and dailymotion now. I'd recommend YTD Video Downloader. It's what I use and I have zero problems.

Yea that is my last resort.  If I can't find it on torrents, the Japanese puroresu guy, or online for cheap, then it is to the streaming sites.:)  I don't think I've missed anything yet, maybe some DG but that is my least favorite promotion to review.  They move so fast it takes forever to type up the play by play :P  

Ooooo, J.H. got a point there with that J-1 (whatever) match. Talk about day and night: that year's G-1 Climax with them (utter classic) vs... that. I will say though I will give most Tenryu matches the benefit of the doubt, excepting Kitao involvement. Most all tags more than likely will be worth a watch.

I want to see that, and I'm also wanting to rewatch that good old Nakajima NJPW debut now

There's some pissed off dudes over that match. Daichi wasn't going to come in on his debut and look convincing against Fujita. Anyone expecting him to was setting themselves up for a colossal disappointment.

Smarks are all about instant gratification unfortunately

While I found Great Muta/Sanada to be entertaining as they went for more of a sprint then a long rest hold match, what the fuck is Mutoh thinking doing three moonsaults in one match?  Sometimes I think wrestlers are too crazy for their own good.

While I found Great Muta/Sanada to be entertaining as they went for more of a sprint then a long rest hold match, what the fuck is Mutoh thinking doing three moonsaults in one match?  Sometimes I think wrestlers are too crazy for their own good.

Totally absurd match. Loved it for all the nuttiness. 

There's some pissed off dudes over that match. Daichi wasn't going to come in on his debut and look convincing against Fujita. Anyone expecting him to was setting themselves up for a colossal disappointment.

Especially considering the troubled relationship Hashimotos have with Inokism.

Since we're on the topic of recent All Japan, and in particular, the 6/15 card I mentioned, does anyone have any background on Hideki Suzuki?  

Apparently, according to my blog, his tag match with Akira Jo vs. Taka Kunou and Munenori Sawa is the greatest IGF match of all time.