DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Just for kicks I went through and looked at the belt's title history. 

I want to see the match where the ladder beat the chair, who beat the table, who beat the rice.

Just for kicks I went through and looked at the belt's title history. 

I want to see the match where the ladder beat the chair, who beat the table, who beat the rice.

They showed the ladder originally winning the title in a clip but I don't think the full match is out there. It fell on someone and they counted it as a pin.

I'd love to imagine a world where he's having great matches with Bryan, Cesaro, Sheamus, Barrett, Cena, etc. However, what most likely happens is he's kept in developmental for a bit, makes a debut on the main roster with little fanfare and doesn't get over, and before you know it he is back in NXT as another Tatsu.

What the fuck do they do with KENTA in WWE? Tag with Yoshi Tatsu in NXT?

Make a badass video package hyping him up as the best wrestler in Japan. Include clips of him vs Bryan. Have him be a Paul Heyman guy. Paul brought him in to beat Bryan. KENTA fails and Brock comes back to take Bryan's title. I have my doubts but if they are signing him it's gotta be a HHH move.

Ten years ago KENTA in WWE would have made some sense. Don't really see the point in bringing him in now---he's bigger, sure, but also older and banged up, and not the motivated freaky athletic guy he was in his prime. He doesn't have any of the buzz he did back when he was still a Jr. and was every US indy fan's favourite wrestler. Then again that description sounds an awful like Benoit and Eddy and Danielson around the time Vince started pushing them, so maybe the time is right for KENTA in WWE.

If they were really gonna pick up a free agent from Japan and feud him with Bryan for the title though I wish they'd just bring in Devitt. 

It is more of a case of KENTA being an enormous WWE mark and this being his only real chance left to make it in the company. Before the last few years he probably had a lot more loyalty to Misawa and Kobashi and all the others that is no longer there because of the company changes, so he probably was respecting that stuff.