DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

There are these five for sure. There may be some from incomplete records.1  NJPW Battle Line Kyushu 1994 - Day 24. April 1994 @ Green Arena in Hiroshima, Hiroshima (Japan)Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Shinya Hashimoto © - TITLE CHANGE!!! [iWGP Heavyweight Title Match]

2  NJPW/WCW Wrestling Dontaku in Fukuoka Dome1. May 1994 @ Fukuoka Dome in Fukuoka, Fukuoka (Japan)Shinya Hashimoto defeated Tatsumi Fujinami © - TITLE CHANGE!!! [iWGP Heavyweight Title Match]

3  NJPW G1 Climax - Day 46. August 1994 @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)Shinya Hashimoto defeated Tatsumi Fujinami [G1 Climax, Block B]

4  NJPW Best of the Super Juniors V - Day 175. June 1998 @ Nippon Budokan in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)Tatsumi Fujinami © defeated Shinya Hashimoto [iWGP Heavyweight Title Match]

5  NJPW Do Judge!!9. October 2000 @ Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)Shinya Hashimoto defeated Tatsumi Fujinami

Edit: Make that four, the 3rd one there was a forfeit.

Edited by Ryan

Quick question (since the question thread is gone):

What (if any) puroresu is on the normal terrestrial tv these days in Japan? I've got the usual channels (as far as I know... TBS/NHK/Fuji TV/Nihon TV etc.) plus Gunma TV.

NJPW - TV Asahi for their PPVs and Samurai TV for their smaller/tour shows

AJPW - GAORA

NOAH - G+ for their big shows and Samurai TV for the rest

Dragon Gate - GAORA

DDT, BJW, other indies and Joshi promotions (barring OZ Academy which airs on GAORA) - Samurai TV

I don't have GAORA/G+/Samurai, but I do have TV Asahi's analogue broadcast here in Gunma. No idea how the PPV works (if at all for analogue), so probably no casual puroresu tv for me sadly. Thanks though!

The only thing on terrestrial is the weekly NJPW half hour show in the middle of the night. Everything else, including PPVs are either on cable/satellite upper tier paid systems or the iPPVs from NJPW and Dragon Gate.

He's been in Zero1 for awhile now. He's a New Zealander that's used various names outside of Japan. He's enormous by Japanese standards. About 6'4" or so.

Quick question (since the question thread is gone):

What (if any) puroresu is on the normal terrestrial tv these days in Japan? I've got the usual channels (as far as I know... TBS/NHK/Fuji TV/Nihon TV etc.) plus Gunma TV.

Not terrestrial TV, but I wrote about which shows are on which channels here: http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/understanding-japanese-wrestling-on.html

AFAIK, NJPW is your only bet on free TV, aside from a DG PPV from time to time depending on the area. One of my friends hooked me up with a DG in Fukuoka show once.

Sweet. Anyone seen any of them? Worth watching? Hard to imagine that none of them are good.

Only one I can remember seeing is the 5/1/94 match.  It was perfectly fine but really short (only six minutes), so it wasn't a classic.  Crowd was into it though and it was fun while it lasted.

That was the rematch.

The first one set it up nicely, as Hashimoto shitkicked Fujinami from corner to corner but kept waiting for Fujinami to get up, giving the wily ol' pro time to recover. Just as Hashimoto goes for the kill (running DDT), Fujinami reverses it into a ground cobra twist for the flash pin. Second match, Hashimoto doesn't make the same mistake and plows through him, getting his damn belt back.

They kind of botched the finish for the first one, as Fujinami's counter ends up with Hash's arms under the ropes and Hattori just stares at it as he counts 3. Speaking of Tiger, he goes all Earl Hebner in the first one, kicking Hase down and repeatedly getting physically involved with Hashimoto when Fujinami's down. Didn't really care for it.

Just watched Misawa/Go vs Fujinami/Nishimura from 9/9/07. Loved this match. It was a leg work battle with that being the main focus of the Dradition crew. I'm mainly pointing this match out for Nishimura. Dude was such a boss in this match. He does so many little things. He's so underrated.

I remember him standing out in that 60 minute IWGP tag title match from '02 with Nakanishi against TenChono. Speaking of which, is that match online anywhere? I have it on tape but God knows where that is at the moment. It wasn't perfect and 60 minutes was too long for Tenzan and Nakanishi but it was a nice, ambitious effort.

But, yeah, Nishimura was great back in the day.

Well this kinda sucks...

AJPW will give triple crown belts back to Motoko Baba via Tokyo Sports. It is Motoko Baba's request. AJPW accepted it. PWF,Inter, UN heavy belts will be used at the match Suwama VS Shozaki in Otaku show on August 25, After that AJPW will give them back to Baba.

AJPW will make new belt. The title name remain "Triple Crown".but one belt. AJPW will not give back other ttile including World Tag, World Jr, Asia Tag. Suwama said "I want to make something new."

Well this kinda sucks...

AJPW will give triple crown belts back to Motoko Baba via Tokyo Sports. It is Motoko Baba's request. AJPW accepted it. PWF,Inter, UN heavy belts will be used at the match Suwama VS Shozaki in Otaku show on August 25, After that AJPW will give them back to Baba.

AJPW will make new belt. The title name remain "Triple Crown".but one belt. AJPW will not give back other ttile including World Tag, World Jr, Asia Tag. Suwama said "I want to make something new."

Heh, that's kinda funny in an ironic way. Years ago Mutoh wanted to ditch the 3 belts in favor of a single strap but got a bunch of backlash from the fanbase over it so he either restored the old ones or had new replicas made instead (forget which)

• Like 1