DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

I'm asking for a handful of names for the guys who had the best 2013. March Madness is expanding to include Puro and Lucha this year, so I need some reps from the Land of the Rising Sun. Yes, I know it'll be an uphill climb against the US guys, but I'm trying to broaden people's horizons. So give me some names.

Tanahashi and Okada are locks. 

If you put Keiji Mutoh in, I promise I will participate in the tournament.  I may also create a few socko accounts.

I really don't watch much japanese wrestling, though I know I should. Just out of curiosity, how are King Fale and Tama Tonga? I've seen their names in NJPW for a couple years now. Tama is Haku's kid right?

I really don't watch much japanese wrestling, though I know I should. Just out of curiosity, how are King Fale and Tama Tonga? I've seen their names in NJPW for a couple years now. Tama is Haku's kid right?

Not good. Although my anti-Bullet Club bias might be showing through.

Haku's kid works for the WWE under the name Camacho.

Fale is mostly garbage, but Tama Tonga is solid, especially in CMLL.

Tama Tonga is also Haku's son, he's adopted. His biological son, Tevita Fifita is Camacho. Alipate Fifita is Tama Tonga, his adopted son. He's got one other adopted son as well.

Oh wow, I had no idea.

Camacho is a badass from what I've seen. WWE is doing nothing with him. If he gets released I'd love to see the two of them paired together as the Next Generation Islanders or something. They could spice that New Japan tag division up a bit.

Kensuke Sasaki made it official and retired at a press conference in Japan today. There won't be a show or match or anything from what I can tell, the match with Nakajima was it. Just too beat up to keep going. Also, he wants to try snowboarding. :-O

Nice of him to put over the little guy on his way out.  Shame he won't get an 'official' retirement match since I think he has had the type of career to earn it.  He was never my favorite but he was usually really solid and he had some great matches over the years.

I'd throw Kana in there (if we're including joshi), though she probably couldn't get past.... eh, Santino Marella? Sharkboy? That Cheeseburger dude from RoH? But, yeah, she had a better year than most people who will be in the tourney.

I'm not showing up for March Madness, btw, so don't expect me to vote for her. The tourney's reputation precedes it. I'll pass. Arguing with people on the internet over whether Harry Smith has better punches than CM Punk doesn't appeal to me much.

Arisa Nakajima and Io Shirai also had great years in the Joshi circuit. But there's no way they'd even get picked.

• Like 1

Any word on the status of Diamond Ring now that Sasaki's retired? If he folds it I can only assume Nakajima and Kitamiya would stay with NOAH. Miyahara is obviously already doing well in AJPW.

Do they have any other young guys who could make potentially interesting free agents if it folds? 

Literally yesterday I started a season on Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain with a Sasaki CAW as his moveset was already in the game (related lols) and was wondering what he was doing nowabouts.

Saying he has had the type of career to earn a retirement match is quite the understatement. He's on a musketeers/four corners level.

Tama Tonga is also Haku's son, he's adopted. His biological son, Tevita Fifita is Camacho. Alipate Fifita is Tama Tonga, his adopted son. He's got one other adopted son as well.

Speaking of Tama Tonga, he has some vicious theme music. Can someone post it please? The Theme Addict thread didn't make it over to this new board