DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

I don't remember the Dino thing, but the general idea of weird Akiyama memories for me brought back the period he declared himself Global Hardcore Champion and had semi-hardcore matches with people. And somehow I seem to recall this is the period he started shaving his head and wearing doo rags.

The Akiyama/Dieno interaction may have happened in DDT as I believe Akiyama worked there once years ago at a Korakuen Hall event. I maybe wrong though so don't quote me on that.

I haven't seen Kyosuke's Minami return yet in NJPW but I do think they should have put him with the heavyweights instead of the Juniors. I think he could believably go with the heavyweights and has the potential to be a main eventer.

I haven't seen Kyosuke's Minami return yet in NJPW but I do think they should have put him with the heavyweights instead of the Juniors. I think he could believably go with the heavyweights and has the potential to be a main eventer.

He's way smaller than the junior champion

Do you think that New Japan cringes every time Ibushi takes some crazy move in DDT, like a Reverse Hurricanrana from the top turnbuckle to the floor?

IbushiReverseRana.gif

Nope. Kota needs to cut that silly shit out tho.

I don't really keep up with BJW, but they have been having some shit luck with their strong title.

That Ibushi spot is something does in virtually in almost every match since it's basically a second rope moonsault to the outside.

Yea but he had no one to catch him :P  Normally when they do top rope moves at least something/someone is down there to help break their fall.

Great Sasuke never got the memo.

I would say losing KENTA would be huge for NOAH, but at this point, whatever people are still watching are probably too hardcore to walk on it now.

Has the NOAH/AJPW split been bad for both sides?  I guess it was over 10 years ago, but both promotions are basically irrelevant.  I can understand why KENTA would want to leave, what more can he do in NOAH?

I would say losing KENTA would be huge for NOAH, but at this point, whatever people are still watching are probably too hardcore to walk on it now.

Has the NOAH/AJPW split been bad for both sides?  I guess it was over 10 years ago, but both promotions are basically irrelevant.  I can understand why KENTA would want to leave, what more can he do in NOAH?

It's too far gone now but originally, the split worked out good for NOAH and bad for AJPW, Then NOAH got old and never got new talent while AJPW changed their organization around and eventually split into Wrestle-1.  Had the split never happened, everyone probably would have been better off. The puro pizza isn't a big one and is better sold as a whole and the more cuts that are made split the profit for the pizza.

Realistically, this whole thing isn't about making money. Money played a factor in it but fulfilling ego's was the main goal.

From the most recent Z-1 show:

5. NWA United National Heavyweight Title #1 Contendership: Daichi Hashimoto besiegt Kazuki Hashimoto (12:16) nach dem Rising DDT. 

Are they related?

From the most recent Z-1 show:

5. NWA United National Heavyweight Title #1 Contendership: Daichi Hashimoto besiegt Kazuki Hashimoto (12:16) nach dem Rising DDT. 

Are they related?

No, it's just a more common Japanese surname than most. It's like asking if two people with a common last name in the US like a Smith or Jones are related, but not quite that common. It's the 27th most common family name in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_common_Japanese_names#Japan

KENTA on his trip to WWE translated by the great @puro_yottsume

I am sorry for having you all confused over the various information about my visit in the US.

As a matter of fact, I am in the States and joining the WWE training. But as for now, it’s not about getting a tryout or a contact.

It is indeed true that I have always been yearning for a spot in WWE, and I’ve always wanted to give it a try sometime. After all, you only live once. “I should have given it a try.” “I should have chosen another way.” I’ve had those regrets when I was in my middle and high school, and even after I got in to this business. I just did not want to regret later about something I haven’t tried, so I used my time off to participate in the WWE workout. The executives were at the workout, so perhaps I may have left a mark.

The place is full of competition and hungry guys. It’s not as simple as being good at Puroresu or having strength. There are so many guys with monster physique and guys who are way athletically superior to me. And even they don’t get into the big league. That’s how tough this place could be. I can easily imagine that surviving in this environment could be severe. And spending a few days in that environment became a really good experience for me.

I’m sorry to have caused the confusion, but one thing I can say for sure is that “I’m glad I came”. I would like to work even harder making use of this experience.

And lastly, I would like to thank President Taue for letting me take this chance.

Link

KENTA on his trip to WWE translated by the great @puro_yottsume

I am sorry for having you all confused over the various information about my visit in the US.

As a matter of fact, I am in the States and joining the WWE training. But as for now, it’s not about getting a tryout or a contact.

It is indeed true that I have always been yearning for a spot in WWE, and I’ve always wanted to give it a try sometime. After all, you only live once. “I should have given it a try.” “I should have chosen another way.” I’ve had those regrets when I was in my middle and high school, and even after I got in to this business. I just did not want to regret later about something I haven’t tried, so I used my time off to participate in the WWE workout. The executives were at the workout, so perhaps I may have left a mark.

The place is full of competition and hungry guys. It’s not as simple as being good at Puroresu or having strength. There are so many guys with monster physique and guys who are way athletically superior to me. And even they don’t get into the big league. That’s how tough this place could be. I can easily imagine that surviving in this environment could be severe. And spending a few days in that environment became a really good experience for me.

I’m sorry to have caused the confusion, but one thing I can say for sure is that “I’m glad I came”. I would like to work even harder making use of this experience.

And lastly, I would like to thank President Taue for letting me take this chance.

Link

So, if they offered him a contract would he take it?  That seems like a whole lot of words that told us everything we already knew.