DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

C'mon, she's wearing way too much to be one of Yujiro's girls. She came out with Okumura on another show so I guess she's his valet. Wife, maybe? I remember hearing she was sick a few years ago so that would be pretty cool if she is.

Edit: Ah, she's Mima Shimoda.

• Like 1

It seems NOAH has booked KENTA vs Okabayashi.

ALL HAIL MARUFUJI

loads of nutty matches announced!!

KENTA vs. Okabayashi on 1/25

Marufuji & Marvin vs. Nagata & Liger on 1/25

Marufuji vs. Kawakami on 2/3

Nakajima vs. Kenou on 2/3

Sugiura return vs. Kotoge on 2/3

Haste vs. Morishima as the 2/3 main event (they had a really great match last year)

Nakajima & Yone vs. Okabayashi & Kawakami on 2/8

full cards here: keepingthespiritalive.tumblr.com/post/73875428584/noah-news-due-to-sekimotos-injury-noah

So I'm like a year or more behind on watching Dragon Gate. Quite a few new names in results over that time. Who are the stand outs? Anybody suck?

The Millennials as a whole are an awesome act. Each member has something to offer. T-Hawk will be a Dream Gate champ no doubt. Eita may be one of the most technically talented guys they've ever produced. U-T is ridiculously good for his experience and has swagger that you just can't teach. And as for Yosuke Santa Maria..... well SHE is just the best.

The other two young guys are Ryotsu Shimizu - a rough around the edges powerhouse kid who will punch you in the mouth, and Kotoka - a very small but very charismatic fiery scrapper.

The product and roster is very strong right now.

Can anyone offer any insight into why the Fantastica Mania tour did so well? I'm not saying it shouldn't and I like the concept, but I didn't see it being a money maker.

I think a lot of it is just that New Japan is hot right now, I mean none of the venues could seat more than around 2K so they kept it realistic.  New Japan has also been good about having CMLL wrestlers on their cards sporadically over the years so the fans know what to expect.  But mostly it is New Japan, they ended December with back to back nights at Korakuen Hall and both of those events sold out too, they have really good attendance there.

Did anyone have any Dragongate recommendations, and where is the best place to watch Dragongate matches for the cheapest price?

Www.openthedragongate.com

It's all there man. September of 2013 is a great starting point.

So I watched Infinity #308 and I have some observations.

I feel like I watched the best stars of tomorrow card ever.  It was a bunch of guys who were really talented and really energetic, but they don't know the tricks of psychology and selling that veterans get over time.  The problem is some of these guys have been around for a while and if they haven't learned it by now I don't think they will.  I found it difficult to follow because everything just seemed to be random spots put together with no flow, no transitions and no selling.  Not only that there is too much cooperation between opponents that just made me wonder what the hell is the point of you guys fighting if you can stop and have a who can slap each other harder contest for no reason whatsoever.  There was another point where CIMA and his opponent had an extended conversation that lead to CIMA laying on the ground so his opponent could pin him.  Maybe it is a language thing, or maybe they were just goofing around, either way I was confused.  I think I like the workers, but hate the style,

So how long before WWE comes calling for Uhaa Nation?  He is a big athletic guy who seems like he'd be right up their alley.  I'd love to see him in a goofy tag team with Mojo Rawley

Did anyone have any Dragongate recommendations, and where is the best place to watch Dragongate matches for the cheapest price?

Www.openthedragongate.com

It's all there man. September of 2013 is a great starting point.

So I watched Infinity #308 and I have some observations.

I feel like I watched the best stars of tomorrow card ever.  It was a bunch of guys who were really talented and really energetic, but they don't know the tricks of psychology and selling that veterans get over time.  The problem is some of these guys have been around for a while and if they haven't learned it by now I don't think they will.  I found it difficult to follow because everything just seemed to be random spots put together with no flow, no transitions and no selling.  Not only that there is too much cooperation between opponents that just made me wonder what the hell is the point of you guys fighting if you can stop and have a who can slap each other harder contest for no reason whatsoever.  There was another point where CIMA and his opponent had an extended conversation that lead to CIMA laying on the ground so his opponent could pin him.  Maybe it is a language thing, or maybe they were just goofing around, either way I was confused.  I think I like the workers, but hate the style,

Basically, you have summed up most people's thoughts on Dragon Gate. Great spots and moves? Definitely. Great psychology and making every move count? Wrong promotion.

Lawler can take 1/20th of the bumps they take and get over while the DG guys have had to kill themselves nightly for the 15 years to get half as over.

DG is never going to change and their crew is never going to smarten up, so we all just accept it for what it is.

Yuji Okabayashi is going to be out for the rest of 2014 most likely with a rotator cuff injury. That's him and Daisuke both on the sidelines now. Tough times for BJW and Yuji personally as this was shaping up to be a big couple of months for him. Sad that Okabayashi vs. KENTA is now not happening.

Did anyone find out if Ishii/Okabayashi was taped?

these are the airings:

放送スケジュール

[FIGHTING TV サムライ]

2月8日(土) 後10:00   2月9日(日) 前8:00   2月9日(日) 深2:00   2月11日(火) 後3:00   2月15日(土) 後1:00   2月20日(木) 前10:00   2月25日(火) 後1:00 

I enjoyed the last day of FantasticaMania. The main event was a fun spotfest.

I think I enjoyed seeing NJPW guys just have kinda of normal, fast matches. A lot of the semi and main event stuff is just.so.epic in the way it's laid out. I mean, it's awesome, but it's fun seeing them work sprints.

Yuji Okabayashi is going to be out for the rest of 2014 most likely with a rotator cuff injury. That's him and Daisuke both on the sidelines now. Tough times for BJW and Yuji personally as this was shaping up to be a big couple of months for him. Sad that Okabayashi vs. KENTA is now not happening.

That really blows. That team really made NOAH cards or any cards much better. Hopefully Sekimoto isn't out that long.

Am I completely crazy or didn't Danshoku Dino attack Jun Akiyama once at a random NOAH show and put him in the Danshoku Driver?

I'm pretty sure I still have a pic of that on my hard drive.

Wasn't it Marafuji when the GPWA was actually a thing? And not a Dino driver but he tried kissing everybody or challenging for the gay homo championships.

Am I completely crazy or didn't Danshoku Dino attack Jun Akiyama once at a random NOAH show and put him in the Danshoku Driver?

I'm pretty sure I still have a pic of that on my hard drive.

Wasn't it Marafuji when the GPWA was actually a thing? And not a Dino driver but he tried kissing everybody or challenging for the gay homo championships.

There was something with Marufuji, too, but the Akiyama thing was years before that. I'm thinking somewhere between 2004 and 2006.

He probably didn't put him in the driver, but he definitely attacked him in some way. I remember it happening completely out of nowhere and it didn't lead to anything.

He also had a match against Takao Omori in Zero-One and put him in the Danshoku Driver. I definitely remember that.

God damnit, why did the old board have to die. I'm sure we talked about this, when it happened.