DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Selfies (16 Dec 2013)

Dolfan in NYC

Man, Truth and Woods looked like a right pair of bastards there. Wait until Clay has properly hurt Sweet T, drive him off and then...

"Hey Funkadactyls, stop looking after your friend Tensai, come and dance with us instead".

Well said. I frogot to say that.

Ever since Battleground, where it turned out Tensai had a great announcing voice on the panel, I've been in favour of a Sweet T solo face push. Hopefully the fact that Clay as a self-professed "main event playa" is so ludicrous means Tensai will squash him in the coming weeks.

Man, Truth and Woods looked like a right pair of bastards there. Wait until Clay has properly hurt Sweet T, drive him off and then...

"Hey Funkadactyls, stop looking after your friend Tensai, come and dance with us instead".

Well said. I frogot to say that.

Ever since Battleground, where it turned out Tensai had a great announcing voice on the panel, I've been in favour of a Sweet T solo face push. Hopefully the fact that Clay as a self-professed "main event playa" is so ludicrous means Tensai will squash him in the coming weeks.

I'm assuming they're building to Big E vs Brodus. 

I'd say keep teasing The Shield split at the Rumble but keep them together for WrestleMania against the Wyatts and then they can break up and they can do Ambrose vs. Reigns with Rollins in the middle trying to keep mommy and daddy from fighting.

Just let Undertaker retire with last year's match.  Guy's in such bad shape that he needs the rest of the year to heal up.  Hogan's not even in that kind of condition and he's just held together with staples and chewing gum.  Hogan doesn't need to be wrestling at WrestleMania either.

And they couldn't even come up with a better idea for the setup for the Punk match other than some lame playoff when the battle for respect was staring right at them all along.

They should do Heyman and Lesnar against Axel and The Ryback.

The Wrestling Observer recap says Abigail was revealed to be the rocking chair. They should give it a backstory, like it's possessing the soul of the Wyatts' mother or grandmother, or something, or used to belong to one of them and that was her name, etc.

She's a ghost rocking in the chair not the actual chair.  And I thought it was bad when Cole would refer to her as Bray Wyatt's dead sister.

Wyatt already explained that Sister Abigail was the "nun" that took him in and that she was a kind soul, touch saves the world, kiss burns it to the ground, etc.

I again ask - what the fuck was wrong with this?

http://youtu.be/EX6PSOrVbSU

Well, considering he didn't hook up with Kaitlyn when given the chance, he's clearly not addicted to all the females.

But I don't think they've ever established outside of developmental why three ain't enough and he needs five either.

HBK and Punk would have been awesome with both men in their primes. HBK can still smoke him on the mic, obviously... but I don't know how much if anything he has left in the ring.

If someone wants to see HBK wrestle, there's an extensive history out there that they should check out. Going forward, though, I don't ever want to see Shawn in a match again. He can barely do an entrance. At this point, he's approaching Bret Hart levels of physical degradation, and I don't think Shawn's got it in him to only limit himself to what he should be doing in his current condition. He'll try to do that little bit extra, and he'll only hasten the inevitable ten-bell salute.

I gotta work, so I can't watch it live, but I hope Santa brings me some good pictures of AJ dressed as an elf next week. I gotta feeling that's gonna be awesome.

The Wrestling Observer recap says Abigail was revealed to be the rocking chair. They should give it a backstory, like it's possessing the soul of the Wyatts' mother or grandmother, or something, or used to belong to one of them and that was her name, etc.

Death Chair, the Chair that Eats People.

• Like 1

I said, it looked like she didn't know. I would hope someone would tell the other person "Hey, I am going to kick your fucking face in. Buy you a drink afterwards." or something.

But the spot also shows that Tamina mos def has her moments. She's awesome in one & done spots.

What the heck was she going for there? Is the Burning Hammer a Bella Finisher I don't know about? Also, Cole wondering if Tamina shouldn't have been DQed was funny since no one's been dqed for interfering in a tag match like that in the WWE in the last 15 years. I think he wanted her DQed for kicking her in the face or something.

• Like 1

What the heck was she going for there? Is the Burning Hammer a Bella Finisher I don't know about? Also, Cole wondering if Tamina shouldn't have been DQed was funny since no one's been dqed for interfering in a tag match like that in the WWE in the last 15 years. I think he wanted her DQed for kicking her in the face or something.

She uses a torture rack/shoulder backbreaker as a finish now.

She uses a torture rack/shoulder backbreaker as a finish now.

Because Nikki's rack. 

I remember hearing somewhere that it's an unspoken rule that WWE tag teams are only allowed to break pins twice in matches before they're dq'd.

Harry Smith brought it up in an interview once, and one of the former WWE refs confirmed it on an Observer podcast a few months ago.  Apparently it's been a rule for years.

I really don't get how WWE can so consistently produce Raws that are 10x better than the ppv the night before.

Cena really buried Orton in that opening promo there, didn't he?

I'd  love to see Henry/Langston get a big push as a team. Maybe give Big E double gold (or gold and copper in this case) to give him that extra push. I just hope they don't do the super-cliche Henry turn after a few weeks. He needs an extended face run.

I could listen to Punk and Michaels bicker on the mic all day. Both guys are just so good at working with the crowd and thinking on their feet. Heel Michaels was long overdue for a return, it's just too bad we can't see what he can do in the ring with this character.

Shield match was another fine outing by them. The Usos are totally underrated and have great chemistry with The Shield also. Loved all 6 guys trash-talking throughout the match. I don't wanna be that guy that says he's sold on someone after some totally trivial spot that really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things, but Roman's "Nah, I got him, I just had to test the waters" almost made me that guy. Weird booking to have The Shield win the 6 man and lose the 3-on-1, but whatever.

Crazy hot finish to the divas match. Nice surprise there. Kind of wish Nikki would use the burning hammer as a finish.

Bryan/Orton was a great match, probably not as good as their No DQ match, but way better than their two ppv matches. I love matches where both guys actually sell fatigue and damage from the night before. The only other match I've seen where two guys pull it off better was the Punk vs. Jeff Hardy cage match on SD after their Summer Slam TLC match. You really got the feeling that both guys were running on fumes and every little move hurt that much more from the leg kicks to the elbow stomp. The use of desperation biting and head-butts was also a fine detail. The DQ finish was ok here since it protected Bryan and actually fit with the story pretty well. Orton is beat up and knows he's getting out-hustled by Bryan so he just says fuck it and leaves (then sneak attacks Cena for extra heel points). 

I jumped in about half way through the show so I got to see all of Big E./Henry vs. The Real Americans and marked the fuck out as it progressed. That was Mid-South level slobber-knockery. Some one here compared Big and Henry to the Road Warriors. I love this comparison and heartily endorse it.

Then came Punk and the Shawn Michaels shaped ball of camouflage. Shawn still has it on the mic but I must agree with what other posters have already pointed out. I have zero interest in seeing him wrestle again. The Punk/Usos vs. The Shield match was ok but I've seen better from all of them.

Finally, Bryan and Orton. Let me repeat what I've said about Orton from the beginning. The man is dull personified. I'd rather read the weekly Target ad than watch the guy do anything really but, I'll hand it to him, what he did vs. Bryan worked. The story was told. This is as close as I'll ever come to complimenting Randy again so I hope his fans here drank it in. Oh, and Bryan's hometown crowd in Dallas sure got loud for him....