DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Selfies (16 Dec 2013)

Dolfan in NYC

BbptP_NCAAEHyqY.jpg

https://twitter.com/JerryLawler/status/412762437633318913

AJ busting out a Shining Wizard~~~ (Shining Witch?)

Is Orton into kabbalah now?  What was up with that yarn ring.  I guess Rumble is a 3 way?

Megyn Kelly will not be happy with Middle Eastern and Black Santas next week.

Tag champions' match sure seemed important with the commentators focusing on taking a good selfie. The opening promo was a bit boring, and hurt by everyone talking for Bryan instead of him talking for himself. Loved the tag-heavy show though. WWE feels like they've actually got enough tag teams to support two sets of titles now - shame they've only got one set now since the Usos will probably never get them. Match-wise, this show was quite good. HBK and Punk mixing it up verbally makes me think we're now getting DX vs. Team ROH at either WM or Summerslam - more likely the latter than the former since they're clearly teasing Bryan-HBK there and if HBK's coming back for one big show, why not do another? The main event between Orton and Bryan was easily their best TV match since their I Quit match, and better than anything on the PPV.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/raw-12-16-13.html

Screens -

369f5f295507724.jpg

25e177295519599.jpg

Let your Soul Glo...

c089c1295521520.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/zec1ynz08hpim1aapoi49t711qw9vgvu

BLACK SANTA IS GOOD SANTA!

The battle for Christmas looks fantastic.  Random heel-team Santa's corner is a fantastic idea in itself.  But the music is what really made it.

My hopes could not be higher for this.  There is literally no way that it can not be amazing.  Did you hear me, WWE?  There is no way you can screw this up.

I'll go so far as to call the main event the TV MOTY. It was pretty disappointing how quickly Bryan's injured arm became a non-factor, though.

You know, it's kind of funny. Pretty much all the stuff Cena said about Orton is arguably as true of Bryan. Every major opportunity he's received of late has been a gift, usually from Cena himself.

I liked JBL enthusiastically making a Harry Potter reference and then trying to cover when the other guys didn't get it:

He looks like Hagrid.
Who?
Um...you know,...um...that witchcraft show.

Sure, dude, sure.  That "witchcraft show"...not the collector's edition hardcover book series you have sitting on your bookshelf with a mini-spot on it.

I almost felt bad for him.  He wants to talk about it soooooo hard...but he can't take the risk of bringing it up.  Then he loses himself for a second and puts himself out there...and he gets slapped down hard.

• Like 6

Nikki ate the kick.  And posted a pic of a blood-stained towel on twitter.

You knew it was bad when she didn't take her hand off her mouth after the Shining Wizard and during the pin.  It was nasty.

I liked JBL enthusiastically making a Harry Potter reference and then trying to cover when the other guys didn't get it:

He looks like Hagrid.

Who?

Um...you know,...um...that witchcraft show.

Sure, dude, sure.  That "witchcraft show"...not the collector's edition hardcover book series you have sitting on your bookshelf with a mini-spot on it.

I almost felt bad for him.  He wants to talk about it soooooo hard...but he can't take the risk of bringing it up.  Then he loses himself for a second and puts himself out there...and he gets slapped down hard.

I think Cole just doesn't watch movies. I remember him making fun of Josh Matthews for knowing who Black Widow is. A character in the third highest grossing film of all time.

Nikki ate the kick.  And posted a pic of a blood-stained towel on twitter.

You knew it was bad when she didn't take her hand off her mouth after the Shining Wizard and during the pin.  It was nasty.

758592da66ce11e3b9690ebf72abb9ed_8.jpg

Tho I did like the set up to the kick..

Nikki ate the kick. And posted a pic of a blood-stained towel on twitter.

You knew it was bad when she didn't take her hand off her mouth after the Shining Wizard and during the pin. It was nasty.

758592da66ce11e3b9690ebf72abb9ed_8.jpg

Tho I did like the set up to the kick..

"Don't be gross ... don't be gross ... don't be gross ..."

/internal monologue

(Resistance is painful.)

• Like 1