DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

• 4 weeks later...

There was a Liger vs Eddie match from what I want to say was a stacked 80s style Main Event show in 1995? It the Main Event before the first ever Nitro or something. The other matches weren’t great but they weren’t squashes. Guys like Duggan, OMG etc. I can’t find it on YouTube but I know it happened. Might have even been winner vs Malenko on Nitro. Maybe that was the occasion. Not that any match these 2 ever had was bad but this 1 was storyline driven somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 12:29 AM, BloodyChamp said:

There was a Liger vs Eddie match from what I want to say was a stacked 80s style Main Event show in 1995? It the Main Event before the first ever Nitro or something. The other matches weren’t great but they weren’t squashes. Guys like Duggan, OMG etc. I can’t find it on YouTube but I know it happened. Might have even been winner vs Malenko on Nitro. Maybe that was the occasion. Not that any match these 2 ever had was bad but this 1 was storyline driven somehow.

10/1/95 - featured the WCW US Champion Sting vs. Arn Anderson and Alex Wright vs. the Grappler matches from the 9/30/95 Worldwide:
Eddie Guerrero pinned Jushin Liger with a brainbuster and the frog splash; stipulations stated the winner would face Dean Malenko the following night on Monday Nitro

5 hours ago, peachchaos said:

10/1/95 - featured the WCW US Champion Sting vs. Arn Anderson and Alex Wright vs. the Grappler matches from the 9/30/95 Worldwide:
Eddie Guerrero pinned Jushin Liger with a brainbuster and the frog splash; stipulations stated the winner would face Dean Malenko the following night on Monday Nitro

Someone please link this

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was so hype for that match and all the WCW-ness sucked it right out of me. Dusty shilling, nobody caring, everything going five minutes when you know they could have had a classic in 20 if anyone cared. Goddammit. 

That sums up Hogan-era WCW so well. 

• Like 1