DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Cat was great when he wasn't wrestling. The stuff with the Dragons attacking him was incredible.

Before he found schtick, he showed a lot of potential in ring. He was super athletic and caught on fast. Then he figured out he could dance for five minutes and get the same reaction. 

On 12/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

While I agree Miller floundered for a bit without Onoo, I have to completely unironically say that Commissioner Cat was probably one of the highlights of 2000 WCW. 

I...HAVE....SPOKEN!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Cat was great when he wasn't wrestling. The stuff with the Dragons attacking him was incredible.

I was at an Atlanta area martial arts competition about a year ago and the Cat was there. He apparently still teaches martial arts in our area. He walked by me and I gave him a quiet “somebody call my momma.” He turned and looked pissed, but the broke out in laughter. We shot the shit for a few. You wanna talk about a guy who remembers his career fondly? That’s Ernest Miller. Could not have been cooler.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wasn't there a great squash where Scott Norton came out and beat up the Cat? I can't find it on Youtube.

IIRC there were two. they would've been on Nitro and/or Thunder when the nWo B team was a separate thing. spring '99 maybe?

great stuff, regardless.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wasn't there a great squash where Scott Norton came out and beat up the Cat? I can't find it on Youtube.

It was a series of squashes. Miller comes out with an open challenge. Cut to the locker room and Kevin Nash is saying "Hey Scott, The Cat is calling you out."

Norton bust out of the bathroom and charges the ring as Nash and the nWo are laughing. What followed was a really good fight. What I liked was Miller did try to explain, but did not back down. They did it a few more times with Miller finally winning. 

Its weird the final version of the original nWo was Horace, Bryan Adams and Vincent. 

On 12/13/2018 at 12:30 AM, Victator said:

It was a series of squashes. Miller comes out with an open challenge. Cut to the locker room and Kevin Nash is saying "Hey Scott, The Cat is calling you out."

Norton bust out of the bathroom and charges the ring as Nash and the nWo are laughing. What followed was a really good fight. What I liked was Miller did try to explain, but did not back down. They did it a few more times with Miller finally winning. 

Its weird the final version of the original nWo was Horace, Bryan Adams and Vincent. 

WCW should have taken Neil Young's advice when it came to the nWo, it's better to burn out than fade away.

Yeah, I watched that Open Challenge segment hoping it was Norton coming out but then Glacier came out and I just turned it off haha. Scott banging on the Cat was a thing of glory, though. 

So went on Dailymotion trying to find it and here's a C-show memory for you that I had no idea happened: 

On 12/13/2018 at 12:30 AM, Victator said:

As I recall, Cat did the open challenge bit, we go backstage to the nWo Black and White Team who tell Norton that Miller called Norton specifically out as a goof and Scott went out and slaughtered him.  The next week, Miller really does call Norton out which the B Team again lets him know.  This time however, The Cat hit Norton with a foreign object to get the upset.  We pan back to the nWo and they are all like "Norton's going to be pissed he gets back" and they all scatter.  It was big larfs in my college dorm room.

• 2 weeks later...

Always nice to see video evidence of Bobby Blaze doing something in WCW other than flying to Nitro every week and just hanging out backstage.

So here's PN News vs ~~Ric Flair~~ Paul Lee. With White People dancing.

So, the power rankings for 1991 WCW shows would be..

A-Show: World Championship Wrestling / B-Shows: Worldwide and Pro / C-Shows: Main Event and Power Hour

Or something close to that. With Worldwide and Pro moving down to C shows around Nitro and Saturday Night becoming a C show with Thunder coming up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2013 at 7:03 PM, Cobra Commander said:

apparently the Summertime 97 World Wide tapings got some of the names into the studio for a match.. so we got..

Ric Flair v. Lizmark Jr! (which i've mentioned before as a random Worldwide pairing)

Macho Man v. Bobby Eaton!

Kevin Nash v. Prince Iaukea!

Scott Hall v. Chavo!

I believe those are "WCW booked like it's a TNM fed" moments

Found new links for these

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:59 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Always nice to see video evidence of Bobby Blaze doing something in WCW other than flying to Nitro every week and just hanging out backstage.

So here's PN News vs ~~Ric Flair~~ Paul Lee. With White People dancing.

So, the power rankings for 1991 WCW shows would be..

A-Show: World Championship Wrestling / B-Shows: Worldwide and Pro / C-Shows: Main Event and Power Hour

Or something close to that. With Worldwide and Pro moving down to C shows around Nitro and Saturday Night becoming a C show with Thunder coming up.

I assume this was after Flair left, and was jab at him, much like Randy Hogan being a jab at Hulk.