DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

For all the crap WCW 1991 gets booking wise, there was a ton of good wrestling on free tv each and every week, even before the Dangerous Alliance is formed.

They had such a loaded roster, it would be nearly impossible not to have good matches. 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

What’s surprising is the amount of actual matches they gave away as opposed to pure squashes.

I think it came from how much TV they had. Its interesting that in 88 Dusty was really squash happy both on TBS and the syndicated TV. It seems like his WWF time I suppose gave him time to think. 

I do know that Jim Ross was booking WCW Main Event in 91. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Was the fake Manny Fernandez that worked as enhancement talent at the Disney tapings ever identified? He was there for at least two years doing jobs, but information about him is beyond scarce.

3 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Was the fake Manny Fernandez that worked as enhancement talent at the Disney tapings ever identified? He was there for at least two years doing jobs, but information about him is beyond scarce.

Did fake Manny Fernandez also play for the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins while also serving in Vietnam at the same exact time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Man, every Public Enemy vs High Voltage C-show match is worth watching. Every single one of them has sort of hilarious botched spot, like a table breaking early or Rocco or Kenny Kaos blowing some sort of top rope move. And because its C-show, every match is only 5 to 6 minutes tops, so maximum entertainment bang for your buck. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Man, every Public Enemy vs High Voltage C-show match is worth watching. Every single one of them has sort of hilarious botched spot, like a table breaking early or Rocco or Kenny Kaos blowing some sort of top rope move. And because its C-show, every match is only 5 to 6 minutes tops, so maximum entertainment bang for your buck. 

What about High Voltage vs Public Enemy in the rain?

• Like 1

From what I’ve gathered from WCW lore. It was suppose to be some big live wrestling tournament on MTV were one side represented one music video the other side another video winning side that’s the video they played. So on so fourth until one team Anne their represented video stand victorious among all others. Then it rained ...

• 1 month later...

This entire episode deserves praise for the setup alone. One thing we all loved about WCW was the attention put into the backdrops/stages. This episode of Worldwide took place on the campus of Universal, but it was outside. Wrestlers walked to the ring after leaving different stage props made available by Universal. It was cool as hell man.

• Like 2

We are still celebrating the existence of Mr. Liger

I remember looking forward to this matchup on WCW Pro. I wish they would have been able to wrestle on a PPV but I took what I could get. 

Chris Cruise and Living Legend on the mic, did a solid job here. They spent ALOT of time talking about the WCW Debut of Rey Mysterio Jr, rightfully so.

But this was a solid little match

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1