DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

I know they had hardly any time for that outro, but I wish Hudson would have at least mentioned how long Wide World Wrestling/World Wide/Worldwide Wrestling had been on the air in one form or another.

Also, one thing I've always wondered was WHY WCW kept Worldwide on as long as they did, right up until the end.  Were they using it for house show promotions in 1998-2001?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

More WCW Enos & Bloom

Notes;

• Wayne and Mike finally figure out that they are faces in this fed.
  • Bill Payne's hair is magnificent!

I like Mike Enos trash talking Payne, telling him he needs a haircut. 

I always wondered why Bloom and Enos never got further in WCW than jobbers that beat other jobbers, considering they had a WWF run and had been in the AWA while Bischoff was there.

...and some nice camera work at the end there, panning to the hottie in the yellow shirt

• Like 2

Eddie Guerrero & COBRA vs Bunkhouse Buck & Dick Slater. This is some randomness! Slater bumping around for Eddie. Dusty marks out on commentary for the CLUBBERIN' being put on the Cobra. The match turns into a clusterfuck at the end.

Luger vs Regal for the TV Title. These two meshed really well and unfortunately never had another singles match in their career. Lex was working hard and Regal made some great faces. GIF worthy if you're into doing that sort of thing.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Seriously there is too much gold out there, for this thread to be dormant. @RIPPA you should consider a WCW C-Shows section on the 1001 matches

Jim Dugan vs Robert Gibson for the TV Title

Edit: I found this too

The Fantastics vs The Blue Bloods

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wasn't there a Rick Steiner / Beautiful Bobby vs Cactus and Abdullah on WCW around that time too? The week after Bobby wrestled Abdullah?

There is at least a Steiners vs. Cactus/Abby match as that was showing up in my recommendations as I was watching the above video

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

For all the crap 1991 gets booking wise, there was a ton of good wrestling on free tv each and every week.

Like this one

Tommy Rich and Ricky Morton vs Ric Flair and Barry Windham - WCW Worldwide 4/6/91

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I stand corrected...it was Worldwide. I freaking love 91/92 WCW tv. Can't wait for some to get on the Network.

Good luck with that. You'd be better off cancelling the network for a few months and finding some comps with that money, especially if you want something like Worldwide and not just Saturday Night.