DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

Random NItro/Thunder Dark Matches:

The WCW Feed - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/thewcwfeed/videos

Enjoying the pre-show stuff not really for the matches (although an El Dandy vs Lizmark Jr match from Fairfax VA 1998 was really fun) but Tony, Larry, and Tenay just goofing off.   I hope someone find the 2000 WCW because I can only imagine the chaos from those

Did a little fundraiser for my coworker who lost her home to a wildfire, and one of the donors requested I write about some favorite weird moments from WCW syndicated shows. Now I kinda want to make it a regular feature:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2015/11/fire-fundraiser-wcw-saturday-night.html

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2015/11/fire-fundraiser-wcw-saturday-night_8.html

• Like 2

Great work Eric, hilarious stuff. I kid you not when I say that I'd read these every day.

And I remember that Disciple match!! His finish was a stunner, wasn't it?

Thanks Zakk! And yeah, Disciple used a stunner as a finisher. Around this same time Disco Inferno also used a stunner, but as a set up move so all the announcers could go "who would be hurt by that!?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dug out a couple of videos I knew I had of Worldwide, loads of good squash stuff obviously. I'll finish watching them tomorrow. Just now I'm bummed out that I was watching a slick 6 man match with Rude, Arn and Eaton against the Steiners and Sting. They all get to do a little of their own thing, then Scott gets worked over for a while, gets the hot tag to Sting, everyone hits the ring then a sudden cut to Schiavone howling MASAHIRO CHONO! as another episode starts. Fuck.

I did get Sting vs Nasty Ned though, Williams and Gordy, loads of Ice Train and a pretty much unwatchable episode(in terms of video quality) that I sat all the way through because the commentary team was Solie and Regal - it really was a thing of beauty. Video quality cleared well enough for a Scorpio vs Austin main event. Which I loved.

That fucking six man tag though, it's not online as far as I can see.

THANKS YOUTUBE!

Turns out I was only missing about 20 seconds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

I think this is the only TV match between Eaton/Lane and the "classic" Freebirds.  And we actually get a finish:

Cornette really had some fun rants about the Midnights and their run against the Hayes/Gordy/Garvin incarnation of the Freebirds.  "The only guy who was selling for us was Gordy, Jimmy Garvin is 5'10 and that's with the poodle hair!"