DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

• 3 months later...

It was that On the Road segment...ugh it was painful to hear for all of the 2 minutes as a WCW mark who was still fighting the good fight for them. And it wasn’t much better as a neutral I would imagine. A guy doing a segment that wasn’t - which was his only job. Then when you changed the channel you saw WWF doing something that was making people absolutely lose their shit. 

I don’t remember anybody actually hating Scott Hudson and I seem to remember people being glad that he was on Nitro and mad when Tony took back over. Him actually raising his voice on Nitro sounded pretty cool. He had sort of a lower note JR thing going on. I guess there were people who watched Worldwide or something and misjudged him though. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

16 hours ago, zendragon said:

What was his "On the road" segment. I have no memory of this 

These where the 1-800-COLLECT promos where Lee would call in from the town that Nitro is in next week to talk about how excited everyone in that town was that Nitro is coming, and would typically be tagged with a "weasel" joke at Heenan's expense. 

Poor Lee Marshall, never actually did get to see a live Nitro. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/29/2022 at 10:30 AM, clintthecrippler said:

These where the 1-800-COLLECT promos where Lee would call in from the town that Nitro is in next week to talk about how excited everyone in that town was that Nitro is coming, and would typically be tagged with a "weasel" joke at Heenan's expense. 

Poor Lee Marshall, never actually did get to see a live Nitro. 

Yeah, if only WCW just let him pretend to be in the next week's town by letting him call in from backstage during Nitro. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 3