DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

In the dying days of WCW - there were still some fun matches.

I prefer the Kid Romeo/Alan Funk match but the only version online is choppy as shit. I might have to rip my own copy of it.

• Like 1

In the dying days of WCW - there were still some fun matches.

I prefer the Kid Romeo/Alan Funk match but the only version online is choppy as shit. I might have to rip my own copy of it.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I love me some Above-Average Mike Sanders. Solid C+.

• Like 1

I don't even remember Lord Littlebrook being with the NZ Milita.  I do remember them being The Royal Family for a minute.  Then they were gone and Morgan and Victory went to Global as The Maulers and worked as babyfaces which was just weird.

WCW should've had masked jobbers pushing Chip Minton to the ring in a bobsled.

interesting Q: how much of the WCW video archives have been digitized by the WWE? and how much is just film/VHS? Not sure if it's like Archive.org where they're just constantly taking film and putting it in a more modern usable format just in case, or if they go on a need basis?

if it's all digital now, they can just have a "spin the wheel, make the deal" option where you wind up watching a random match or show

Jushin Liger vs. Silver King was on free television once.  Those were magical times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIXGId8oa7s&list=PLCmhlwn5idqfNndUyje7g-FLvHu_9ZnbR

Man did Tenay and Hudson not give a fuck announcing the first couple minutes, voicing grievances, talking shit, basically saying they don't care because they know the hammer is coming down. After they've got it all out of their system they decide to call a match. Also funny is Silver King trying to keep his do-rag on to hide his receding hairline and Tenay thinking it was his shoe after it flew off. Mike Tenay... Mike Tenay... your future is TNA... do you see it? DO YOU SEE IT?!

Black Bart's offensive section was kinda awesome because it seemed unique (Headbutts to the shoulder, various hand work in the corner, etc), which means Black Bart probably did it so often that people who saw Desperados matches thought that stuff was old. But really, it was better arm work than the random irrelevant arm work that Benoit did.

Benoit German-Suplexing Bart was impressive enough to make you forget that it followed arm/shoulder work

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Nope, now he's just a dude that likes to watch football and eat sweets.

In terms of how pro wrestling lives usually turn out, that's really not a bad way to end up.