DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC

Brian Fowler

Went  to the show last night.

Ok, the security told me I had to turn my IPad completely off and couldn't use it during the show which is the first time that has ever happened to me. When the lights would godown, the iPad light lit up my face and it was apparently really noticeable. 
Also these thoughts are from being there live with really good seats so my experience and perception will apparently be completely different from everyone else's. 

CM Punk vs. The Shield- Live, this Felt like the best handicap match I have ever seen. Maybe that Bill Dundee Memphis one was better but everything was really snug and executed well. Punk outsmarting the Shield was reall done well and it was all excitement after Roman went flying over the announcers booth. The worst spot was Ambrose doing a 180 to position himself for the elbow. Crowd was huge into Punk. The booking with Roman Reigns spearing Rollins in the end was a perfectly acceptable way for punk to pick up the win and overcome the odds. Great match live. 

AJ Lee vs. Natalya- this was really good and stiff too. They were also laying in nice tight shots. The whip into the guard rail was sick. Natty was really over but don't know if it came across that way on TV. This may be the best women's match I have ever seen live and I have seen about a dozen of them. Normally this would be my smoke break match and I am glad I stuck around. 

Big E Langston vs. Damian Sandow- Nothing match but the the crowd liked Big E. Up close, Sandow works really, really light. Probably works for the boys but looks bad up close. Also, unless you are standing next to him, there is no way to describe how thick Langston is. Fucking huge. 

Fatal Four Way Tag Match- Match of the night and a MOTYC. Heyman's team was being heckled early but the work was solid. Also, Ryback wears the Chris Jericho lifts in his boots. The crowd went nuts for Big Show's slaps. Picked up to another level after the first elimination. Even the Real Americans were over huge as faces. This is Texas so go figure. Goldust took over and it was a career performance. The dropkick looked beautiful. One of the best FiP segments I have ever watched. When he tagged Big Show, the pop was deafening in the arena. Big Show was pretty awesome here too. His punches were a highlight especially the one that finished off the Americans from the top. Forget who got nailed coming off the top rope but it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen live. I was concerned the crowd would die in the face vs. face segment but all four guys busted their ass with the false finishes and the final pin. 

Brodus Clay vs. R Truth- For such a short match, it went on too long. The crowd just wanted to dance with Brodus. 

Kofi vs. Miz- Piss break. Came back to the entire arena chanting boring and Kofi getting the pin. 

Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family- This didn't seem as good as the Punk match live but it was still really great. Everything was executed great and I thought we were going to get another face win. This is also the best I have seen Wyatt look since he debuted. His splashing he corner was sickening. It was really exaggerated after Rowan did a splash a few moments later and it sort of sucked. Bray was soaking up the "That was creepy" chant with his hair over his eyes trying to conceal his smile. There was one point in the match after Wyatt asked Daniel to shake his hand where Bryan is on the mat in the ring alone and I shout "Shake his hand Bryan!" He gave me an Eat Shit and Die look that had the whole row marking out. There was absolutley no doubt who he was looking at. The crowd was bummed when he lost but the kiss, the finish and the post match had everyone engaged with Bryan's head in Wyatts lap. 

John Cena vs. Randy Orton- I guess being there live makes all the difference because I had no interest in the match at all going in and they kept me entertained the entire time. The pop for both guys felt huge but Cenas was insane level... More than Bryan or anyone else by a mile. One of the loudest I have ever heard lie anywhere. I honestly had no idea who was going to win because I don't really pay attention to reddit guy or bad WWE booking. All of the chair shots, table spots and ladder hits were sick live. When Orton got hit with the stairs the first time, he was busted open pretty bad. Looking at him on the floor, he was starting to pour some blood. When he stood up, he had a red dot on his head. They cleaned him up really fast during the replay. The handcuff spot was great live. When Orton threw the keys into the crowd, he actually threw them to a production guy. There were two guys in wheel chairs right next to us. Before the match they were told they were going to be moved because the wrestlers would be going through the aisle. In actuality, they didn't want a couple of guys in wheel chairs getting nailed with the keys. I don't know if this came through on tv but when Cena was handcuffed, before he unscrewed the turnbuckle, I shouted "take off the turnbuckle John!" and he gave me a quiet Thank You. It wasnt subtle because the whole section was marking out so I got two genuine in ring reactions during the show. The final climb really felt like Cena was going to win and even though he didn't fall through and bust the table, my friend and I were calling it the Million Dollar Baby Spot because it looked like a nasty botch that puts you in a wheelchair and not a wrestling is fake botch. During the post match celebration replay, the crew was furiously trying together belts off the hook that Orton took down. I don't know how long the replay took but it fet like they were panicking because the belts were bolted on and not just hooked so they could avoid a TNA moment during the big swing earlier in the match. Once the belts were handed to Orton, it went almost immediately live in the nick of time. 

The "celebration" went on forever and the McMahons just stood there looking dumb and then they just left. Don't know if it was on TV but Orton kept shouting "Say My Name" after and eventually left. Once the announcers left, shook Lawlers hand, shilled him a 35 disc set and stole his crown. Actually, just shook his hand. JBL left next and he looked much smaller than I expected. As a total live experience. This was the best live show I have ever attended. With the exceptions of the Sandow, Brodus and Miz matches, everything else felt good to great with the MOTYC four way. Huge thumbs up from my vantage point but I guess people are so jaded on the WWE product that the bad booking and tone deaf decisions kill any enthusiasm. Hey at least Dylan Waco enjoyed the main along with me.

• Like 3

I'm glad that even in post match photos where he's sitting in a comfy chair next to Vinny Mac... Orton still don't wear pants.

I'm guessing they're gonna introduce a new belt instead of Orton having to carry around both. I'd love for them to just bring back the WWE Title they used from 1998-2002 but I really just hope it's a belt that doesn't suck.

Finally, I agree with everyone who likes the WWE World Heavyweight Championship name. It's the best name they could use.

I'm wondering if we'll get one single title, the new WWE Championship design was only introduced this year. It's grown on me. I'll miss Big Gold if that goes, for me it's the best looking championship belt of all time.

Like you and others, I also like the WWE World Heavyweight Championship name.

The "bonus" matches both sucked. Why can't WWE experiment with Kofi as a heel? There are very few things less interesting than face Kofi vs. heel Miz at this point. Tons of Funk breaking up is gonna end up so bad for both guys. Brodus is gonna get the first push and flounder if not outright bomb in singles. His ceiling is IC material, but even then, Langston appears to be a much more promising prospect who should hold that belt for a while. And while it'd be fun to imagine a successful singles push for Tensai, I can't see him going more than two ppvs before he's solidly locked into the Superstars/ME circuit with his "dancing big man" gimmick.

I say put Tensai with Big Show as Bad Intentions. Show already looks like Giant Karl Anderson...

Went to TLC live.

Of course I sat in front of that "smart" fan who chanted to himself "Goldberg" and "Husky Harris." Thankfully no one joined in.

You had the shot and you didn't take it?  You could have ended this forever.

Man, remind me not to send you back in time to Ford's Theater.

"Went to Our American Cousin live.  Of course I sat in front of some "smart" fan who was fumbling with something in his jacket and chanting "Appomattox clap clap clapclapclap".   Thankfully he got up and headed to the balcony.  Wait, why was I sent back here again?  I was supposed to be on the lookout for someone...Man this play is overbooked.  Whoa, did someone just light off a firecrac.....oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh...yeah....damn."

I don't usually like posts on here and I went out of my way to like this.  Well played, brother in Guardian-ship.

I'm glad that even in post match photos where he's sitting in a comfy chair next to Vinny Mac... Orton still don't wear pants.

I'm guessing they're gonna introduce a new belt instead of Orton having to carry around both. I'd love for them to just bring back the WWE Title they used from 1998-2002 but I really just hope it's a belt that doesn't suck.

Finally, I agree with everyone who likes the WWE World Heavyweight Championship name. It's the best name they could use.

I'm wondering if we'll get one single title, the new WWE Championship design was only introduced this year. It's grown on me. I'll miss Big Gold if that goes, for me it's the best looking championship belt of all time.

Like you and others, I also like the WWE World Heavyweight Championship name.

Or just add another singles title win to it and keep three belts as 'Triple Crown'.

• Like 1

I think in some cases - like Will's - folks use it to take notes on what they saw.

Like 15 years ago - when we were doing road reports, I would jot down the matches on a piece of paper otherwise I would never fucking remember it all (especially the non descript indy workers names otherwise every match would have ended up Chase Random Indy Name vs. Lance Random Indy Name)

Kids and their newfangled technology these days.

• Like 3

I think in some cases - like Will's - folks use it to take notes on what they saw.

Like 15 years ago - when we were doing road reports, I would jot down the matches on a piece of paper otherwise I would never fucking remember it all (especially the non descript indy workers names otherwise every match would have ended up Chase Random Indy Name vs. Lance Random Indy Name)

Kids and their newfangled technology these days.

This. I have a horrible memory.

Plus, I can surf, play games, look up shit while standing in line. My question is why wouldn't you take an iPad or some ther similar device? Standing in lines used to be unbearable. Now, it's all good. No stress.

So, I'm curious.  Several folks around here (myself included) have been saying since Summerslam that the booking sucks and Orton's still boring.  When can we expect our apologies?

NEVER!

This'll pay off HUGE, just wait and see, we'll be all over it praising it as the best angle ever!

• Like 1

If Rey/Show does not pay off in at least one splash done by that little fucker from atop Show's shoulders, it's all for naught.  (As long as the first time they do it is NOT at 'Mania, and doesn't end up with Rey accidentally spiking his fucking brains all over the mat.)

Rippa, El Dragon, and I were playing Mass Effect 3 on Sunday. This is how much of a shit we gave about this PPV.

I was cleaning my kitchen. TOP THAT.

For them pushing the title match as an epic event and for a LOOOOOOT of people being unable to care less should tell you everything there is to know about where WWE is now.

• Like 1

If Rey/Show does not pay off in at least one splash done by that little fucker from atop Show's shoulders, it's all for naught.  (As long as the first time they do it is NOT at 'Mania, and doesn't end up with Rey accidentally spiking his fucking brains all over the mat.)

I think their finisher should be a revision of the Lawn Dart Toss. Just have Show launch Rey at the opponent and call it the Mexcian Missile.

For them pushing the title match as an epic event and for a LOOOOOOT of people being unable to care less should tell you everything there is to know about where WWE is now.

That Randy Orton is a complete bore, and they shouldn't keep pushing him in Q3, annually?