DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC

Brian Fowler

Went to TLC live.

Of course I sat in front of that "smart" fan who chanted to himself "Goldberg" and "Husky Harris." Thankfully no one joined in.

Bray Wyatt's offense looked very hurty and very explosive. His exorcist spider walk got a legit "That was creepy!" Chant that I hope made the telecast. Oh, and Bray made a kid cry on the way back up the ramp. He offered a kid his hat, then put it on himself and laughed.

Main ending seemed botched. It was never more than OK.

It was fun to see live. Crowd mostly loved Cena. Hated that mix/Kofi abortion and rightfully gave it the boring chant.

Went to TLC live.

Of course I sat in front of that "smart" fan who chanted to himself "Goldberg" and "Husky Harris." Thankfully no one joined in.

You had the shot and you didn't take it?  You could have ended this forever.

Man, remind me not to send you back in time to Ford's Theater.

"Went to Our American Cousin live.  Of course I sat in front of some "smart" fan who was fumbling with something in his jacket and chanting "Appomattox clap clap clapclapclap".   Thankfully he got up and headed to the balcony.  Wait, why was I sent back here again?  I was supposed to be on the lookout for someone...Man this play is overbooked.  Whoa, did someone just light off a firecrac.....oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh...yeah....damn."

• Like 20

I have to think AJ is losing the belt to Brie Bella tomorrow night.

Really thought Nattie was winning between the announce team putting over how long she was champ, Nattie squashing AJ and getting out of her finisher.* 

But with how she won, I can't see her leaving Raw as champion. 

*Yes I fell asleep after that match. 

I have to think AJ is losing the belt to Brie Bella tomorrow night.

Really thought Nattie was winning between the announce team putting over how long she was champ, Nattie squashing AJ and getting out of her finisher.* 

But with how she won, I can't see her leaving Raw as champion. 

*Yes I fell asleep after that match. 

If AJ doesn't lose the belt soon, it sets a pretty bad example to the rest of women. The guys, too, I guess. 

• Like 1

It did and it was awesome.

Bray Wyatt's offense looked very hurty and very explosive. His exorcist spider walk got a legit "That was creepy!" Chant that I hope made the telecast. Oh, and Bray made a kid cry on the way back up the ramp. He offered a kid his hat, then put it on himself and laughed.

How much longer is Cena's body going to hold up when he's constantly taking these sickeningly spills like he did last night?

Like your top guy just came back from another "miraculous recovery" and you put him in another risky match.  Bumps and injuries are unavoidable in this business, but why unnecessarily increase the risk when you've shown time and time again how reliant you are of John Cena.

• Like 1

Went to TLC live.

You had the shot and you didn't take it?  You could have ended this forever.

Man, remind me not to send you back in time to Ford's Theater.

"Went to Our American Cousin live.  Of course I sat in front of some "smart" fan who was fumbling with something in his jacket and chanting "Appmatox clap clap clapclapclap".   Thankfully he got up and headed to the balcony.  Wait, why was sent back here again?  I was supposed to be on the lookout for someone...Man this play is overbooked.  Whoa, did someone just light off a firecrac.....oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh...yeah....damn."

This post is awesome on so many levels

Pretty mediocre show, as has been the norm since Summer Slam.

Punk/Shield felt as much like a ppv match as a 3 on 1 handicap match possibly could. Roman's bump over the table and Punk's subsequent targeting of the eye gave the match a special feel. Punk going over is kind of silly despite all the shenanigans, but these four did their absolute best to make it work. 

Divas match was the usual forgettable affair. At least Nattie didn't win.

The IC match was also total filler, and god damn, get Big E a new finisher already. 

Fatal 4-way tag got real good after Ryback and Axel were eliminated. Swagger and Cesaro both took great bumps for the KO punch, and that finishing run between Rey and Cody was hot. Easily the best match of the night.

The "bonus" matches both sucked. Why can't WWE experiment with Kofi as a heel? There are very few things less interesting than face Kofi vs. heel Miz at this point. Tons of Funk breaking up is gonna end up so bad for both guys. Brodus is gonna get the first push and flounder if not outright bomb in singles. His ceiling is IC material, but even then, Langston appears to be a much more promising prospect who should hold that belt for a while. And while it'd be fun to imagine a successful singles push for Tensai, I can't see him going more than two ppvs before he's solidly locked into the Superstars/ME circuit with his "dancing big man" gimmick.

Bryan vs. The Wyatts was fine, but really felt like a Raw match. There wasn't anything special or ppv-worthy about it. Harper was great as usual, Bray looked amazing during the finishing run, and Bryan was Bryan, but overall I felt like there was a lot less effort here than Punk/Shield. 

Main event was very disappointing. Cena and Orton have had some great matches, but this was subpar. Not straight bad or anything, but really uninspired. Lots of stalling/slow ladder climbing and atrocious no-selling of big spots until the end. The finish was creative, I'll give them that, but I thought Cena had a legit broken his neck on that bump. I was so relieved to see him moving after the match. Scariest thing I've seen in the ring in a while. As a distant second to Cena surviving the finish, the other good part about this match was at least we had a clean winner. It means more Raw-main-event and ppv-opening-promo HHH unfortunately, but hey, decisive finish. 

So......my mom is 62 years old.  She always knew of the wrestling I watched in passing and once I got in the business she thought it was great, but she was never a "fan."  When my dad and brother died three years ago, she and I started spending a lot more time together.  Part of that included her taking an interest in wrestling.  When she's in town with me, we watch together.  When she's at her place, she'll call me after watching Raw or Smackdown.  It's adorable really. 

She comments on things like how "those Wyatts are creepy".......and how Cesaro "has really nice legs"........and how "I wish someone would beat AJ and shut her up." 

Basically what I'm getting at is that she's as far from a "smart mark" or internet message board fan as it gets.  She likes watching the matches and gets interested in the stories and just genuinely enjoys the entertainment of it.  I bring this up because of two notable comments she made tonight......

During the Miz/Kofi match she says, out of nowhere, "I just think they don't have any idea what to do with Miz." 

And as soon as Orton took the belts down she looked at me and said ".........that's it?"  When the show went off she said "Well, that was a letdown....I thought something crazy would happen." 

As I said, adorable........but also, it ain't just message board goons like us saying these things. 

Oh, and for the record, she loves Goldust.  So she's obviously got good taste. 

• Like 10

I'm glad that even in post match photos where he's sitting in a comfy chair next to Vinny Mac... Orton still don't wear pants.

I'm guessing they're gonna introduce a new belt instead of Orton having to carry around both. I'd love for them to just bring back the WWE Title they used from 1998-2002 but I really just hope it's a belt that doesn't suck.

Also, does tonight's PPV mean that Cena's gonna win the Rumble and then win the title at WrestleMania?

Finally, I agree with everyone who likes the WWE World Heavyweight Championship name. It's the best name they could use.

The end of the A.J. title reign has been like the Sword Of Damocles since the start of the Total Divas thing.  No one knows when it's going to fall and who's going to drop it(Nattie, Brie, Naomi, Eva Marie), just that it'll happen.

Going by Superstars a few weeks ago, Ryder > Fandango > Ziggler.  Pretty sure Summer had the biggest push out of that preshow match.