DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Releases

I'm not totally surprised that Microsoft is run by a bunch of assholes who don't have a clue on what people actually want nowadays. The launch games for Xbox One look suspiciously like current games from Xbox 360....so why would I spend $500 to get a system I already have?

I feel bad about Sunset Overdrive and I hope Insomniac finds out a way to make the game multiplatform to recoup their losses.

Not only that but there's an interview with someone from Capcom Vancouver where they are 'targeting 30 fps' for Dead Rising 3. From what I've seen of it on IGN, Dead Rising 3 looks D.O.A.

I'm not totally surprised that Microsoft is run by a bunch of assholes who don't have a clue on what people actually want nowadays. The launch games for Xbox One look suspiciously like current games from Xbox 360....so why would I spend $500 to get a system I already have?

For TV of course.  And sports.  

• Like 1

I am going to be pre ordering a PS4 within the next couple of weeks. I would like to order from Amazon but looking at the website today it seems they are no longer taking preorders. I would prefer to have it sent to my home so I do not have be in place to pick it up (or have family do so). What is a good site to order from?

I am disappointed in Amazon, as I would have preordered and waited until they got more in stock to fill my order. I do not care to have it day 1, but would be content to have it by say January which is more than reasonable. Though patience may be in the minority among gamers.

I already preordered a PS4, but I'm starting to get second thoughts, if I should have.

For one there aren't any must-have day one release titles for me personally and secondly there are still so many PS3 I still have to get through.

I already preordered a PS4, but I'm starting to get second thoughts, if I should have.

For one there aren't any must-have day one release titles for me personally and secondly there are still so many PS3 I still have to get through.

I would recommend waiting.

1) There aren't as many great games at launch. For the XB1/PS4 launch, however, most of the games seem to be great and will be truly spectacular (Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, Watch_Dogs, ACIV Black Flag, NFS Rivals, Forza 5, Killzone Shadowfall, Knack, etc.) But as the systems go along, better games will be released (like Infamous: Second Son, Sony Santa Monica's rumored PS4 game, Naughty Dog's PS4 game, The Last Guardian, Halo 5, The Order: 1886, Thief 4, Titanfall, etc.)

2) The launch games will get cheaper.

3) We don't know if there will be a RROD or YLOD for either system. Usually, with early systems like from this past gen, they were LOTS of hardware problems. I'd rather wait until those problems are reported or resolved.

4) There's too many good games from this past/current gen. I know I'm still going through them -- I'm just now playing through games from early on in the 360/PS3 life cycle. I haven't even played RDR, GTAIV, Killzone 2 & 3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age Origins & Dragon Age II....I could go on. I know I'm taking a break from gaming when the next systems come out. I don't necessarily need them at first if at all. I still got a lot to finish through before I even think about owning the PS4/XB1 gen.

I try not to link kickstarters or video game things that much, but a Japanese team of veterans spite-developing a spiritual revival of the game they're known for is a fascinating sign of the times.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

So, what did I miss about the Mega Man devs getting pissed at Capcom so that they're gonna do this?

I try not to link kickstarters or video game things that much, but a Japanese team of veterans spite-developing a spiritual revival of the game they're known for is a fascinating sign of the times.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

So, what did I miss about the Mega Man devs getting pissed at Capcom so that they're gonna do this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Legends_3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Universe

Capcom stonewalled development on new Mega Man games, and then cancelled them after Inafune left Capcom.

So, basically, Capcom did some Capcom shit and now we're here. The last time they did this we got Platinum Games, and that worked out okay.

Went to the Dragoncon panel for Star Citizen. If they deliver 3/4 of what they want to, Derek Smart will commit public suicide.

Derek Smart? There's a name I haven't heard in awhile. He still working on BattleCruiser?

I actually think he eventually moved on. It was a joke because a lot of the plans for SC remind me a lot of the Battlecruiser plans. The diff is that, while I don't have the implicit faith in Chris Roberts I did 20 years ago, these guys seem to actually have thought things through a little more.