DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Releases

Fez II cancelled

and for... strange... reasons

I predict that by the end of the year, Phil Fish will commit suicide.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I think Marcus Beer was in the wrong for his comments. Marcus Beer should stick with what he's good at....drinking beer, not writing about video games.

That is a situation where both sides look incredibly douchey, but Phil Fish looks worse in the end, because he could have just taken the high road and not said anything versus the internet equivalent of "wahhh, I'm taking my ball home".  Also the "take the money and run" comment was uncalled for.  I think even people that support Fish would take offense to that.

I don't have Xbox so I've never played Fez, but isn't the game supposed to be not all that great anyway?  It's stuff like this that really annoy me about indie games - some people take themselves FAR too seriously.  Fish certianly came off as an ass in Indie Game.

Well, on one hand, dropping a game people wanted to play sucks.

On the other hand, if something you do causes the amount of stress that existing on the internet and having opinions has caused Phil Fish, I think it's totally your right to walk away and do something. Life is too valuable for that shit to rule your life.

On a Cronenberg-ish horrible third hand, the tone of discussion over video games has been toxic for years, and if this is the thing that causes people to start re-evaluating that, my heart is going to hurt for all of the people that got battered with profiles too low for anyone to write news stories.

My ideal roster for Lego Marvel Super Heroes which I’ve put in spoiler tags for size:

A.I.M. Soldier

Ant-Man

Black WidowBeastBlack Panther

Blade

Bucky Barnes

Captain America

Captain America (Bucky Barnes version)CyclopsDaredevil

DeadpoolDestroyerDoctor DoomDoctor OctopusFrost GiantsGalactusGambitGreen Goblin (NOT Ultimate Spider-Man version)Green Goblin (Harry Osborn)

HawkeyeThe Hulk and Bruce Banner

Human TorchHydra Soldier

Iron Man (Gold Armour from the comics)Iron Man (Mark I Armour from Iron Man movie)

Iron Man (Mark III Armour from Iron Man movie)

Iron Man (Mark VII Armour from Avengers Assemble) and Tony StarkThe Invisible WomanJean GreyJean Grey (Dark Phoenix)JuggernautThe KingpinKitty Pryde

The LeaderThe LizardLokiMagnetoThe Mandarin

Mr. FantasticMs. MarvelNick FuryNightcrawler

Phil CoulsonProfessor Xavier

The PunisherThe Red Skull

RhinoRocket Raccoon

Rogue

SabretoothThe SandmanSentinelsSilver SamuraiSilver SurferSpider-ManSymbiote Spider-ManSpider-WomanSquirrel GirlStan LeeStormThanos

The ThingThorUltron

Venom (Eddie Brock)

Venom (Flash Thompson)War MachineThe Wasp

The Winter Soldier

Wolverine.

Hope I haven’t missed anybody obvious.

In all seriousness, it's a good list. But here's some people I think make the cut (150 characters after all).

Angel or Archangel. They made those awesome wings for Vulture. So it would be best to get some more use out of them.

Namor. Lego Batman 2 had Aquaman to shoot out water, I think they still want players to have that ability. And Namor is the only guy who could do it.

The rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy besides just the Racoon. Movie is coming out. 'Nuff said. Groot could be a cool BigFig too.

Ghost Rider. Pretty popular. Also allows another character besides Human Torch to burn things.

Dr. Strange. His home is featured in the open world New York. They've confirmed that.

Red Hulk. Because this would be pretty damn easy for TT. Almost like a free character.

Cable, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight. Not because their gameplay would be terribly fresh or exciting, but they're all popular enough.

Very good list though.

Kinda confused by the Bioshock Infinite story DLC. So Booker and Elizabeth in Rapture the day before the fall? Maybe finishing Infinite would give me some insight on how that's possible. Just seems like an odd choice and I lovelovelove Rapture. I even read that Bioshock novel.

Kinda confused by the Bioshock Infinite story DLC. So Booker and Elizabeth in Rapture the day before the fall? Maybe finishing Infinite would give me some insight on how that's possible. Just seems like an odd choice and I lovelovelove Rapture. I even read that Bioshock novel.

From what I understand about BioShock Infinite,

it's pretty much the video game version of Dr. Who.

Since there's no fuck you video game thread and this falls under new releases since they announced pre orders for controllers and what not I'll put this here. Fuck you to MS and their $25 play and charge kit. Since they don't make the shit internal to the controller and send it with a cable to charge it with they try to bilk another twenty five bucks off of people essentially making their controllers $85.

The last hour of Infinite will explain everything.I really need to finish that novel; I was a fan of Shirley's pre Gibson cyber stuff.

In all seriousness, it's a good list. But here's some people I think make the cut (150 characters after all).Angel or Archangel. They made those awesome wings for Vulture. So it would be best to get some more use out of them.Namor. Lego Batman 2 had Aquaman to shoot out water, I think they still want players to have that ability. And Namor is the only guy who could do it.The rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy besides just the Racoon. Movie is coming out. 'Nuff said. Groot could be a cool BigFig too.Ghost Rider. Pretty popular. Also allows another character besides Human Torch to burn things.Dr. Strange. His home is featured in the open world New York. They've confirmed that.Red Hulk. Because this would be pretty damn easy for TT. Almost like a free character.Cable, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight. Not because their gameplay would be terribly fresh or exciting, but they're all popular enough.Very good list though.

Thank you. Can't believe I forgot Dr. Strange. The rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy are good bets to make it. The former is getting a movie and the latter has one out next year. I can see the rest you mentioned making it. I'm sure we'll get The Winter Soldier but probably not the other Bucky Barnes versions I listed.

I think Winter Soldier has been confirmed as a preorder exclusive DLC. Along with Iron Patriot (Rhodes), Symbiote Spidey, and purple-suited Hawkeye.

On my list of additions, I also forgot Falcon, for mostly the same reasons as Angel.

The gameplay trailer for Ryse is on XBox Live.  Not a fan of quick time events but I think I could dig the story.

I will watch the trailer for Quantum Break when I get home.

The gameplay trailer for Ryse is on XBox Live.  Not a fan of quick time events but I think I could dig the story.

I will watch the trailer for Quantum Break when I get home.

If there's ever a PC version of Quantum Break or even Ryse, I would get those games.

But right now, I just can't see myself shelling $499 (or even $399) for a Xbox One for them.

Man, if Everquest Next delivers half of what they're claiming it's going to be fucking amazing.  

Of course giving a fully-destructible world to the shithearts that usually occupy the internet means it will be a flat, blasted plain by the end of week one.