DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

453px-UFC_168_event_poster.jpg

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II
December 28, 2013
Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

UFC Middleweight Championship: Chris Weidman © (184) vs. Anderson Silva (185) (first defense) - Weidman, TKO (injury), R2 (1:16)
UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey © (135) vs. Miesha Tate (135) (second defense) - Rousey, SUB (armbar), R3 (0:58)
Josh Barnett (252) vs. Travis Browne (242) - Browne, KO (elbows), R1 (1:00)
Jim Miller (156) vs. Fabrício Camões (156) - Miller, SUB (armbar), R1 (3:42)
Dustin Poirier (146) vs. Diego Brandão (151.3)* - Poirier, TKO (punches), R1 (4:54)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Chris Leben (185.5) vs. Uriah Hall (185) - Hall, TKO (corner retirement), R1 (5:00)
Gleison Tibau (156) vs. Michael Johnson (156) - Johnson, KO (punches), R2 (1:32)
Dennis Siver (145) vs. Manvel Gamburyan (146) - Siver, DEC (unanimous)
John Howard (171) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (171) - Howard, DEC (unanimous)

Facebook Preliminary Card:
William Macário (171) vs. Bobby Voelker (171) - Macário, DEC (unanimous)
Robbie Peralta (145.5) vs. Estevan Payan (145) - Peralta, KO (punches), R3 (0:12)

*Reweighed after weighing 153 on first attempt; forfeits 25% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($75,000):
Knockout of the Night: Travis Browne
Submission of the Night: Ronda Rousey
Fight of the Night: Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate

Attendance: 15,650
Gate: $6.2 million
Buyrate: 1.1 million

Cancelled Bouts:
Guto Inocente vs. Shane Del Rosario - Injury to Both Fighters

It's not really trolling pal. You need to work on it.

U MAD

If Silva comes out firing in round 1, what is the combined length of the two title fights?

I don't Anderson doing that because it's not really his style. He is still a counter puncher first, and Weidman is very happy to oblige him. Thus, Weidman's approach is more important to the fight than Anderson not taking most of round one off.

I think Weidman is too good. He holds an advantage on the ground and he's not afraid of Silva in the standup. Silva started that clowning routine because he was visibly frustrated with his not being able to really do anything against Weidman. He didn't get in Weidman's head, it was the other way around.

• Like 1

I don't think that's true. Silva was doing an exaggerated version of what he always does in an attempt to set up his counter punches. It didn't work.

That's one of the reason why I expect he might go big in the first round this time instead of his regular feeling out process. If he does that it could be a quick fight win or lose.

I doubt Tate survives as long as she did last time.

I'm one of the biggest Anderson Silva fans you'll ever find, but it's hard to doubt Weidman once he beat a guy that has more title defenses than he has fights. No matter who wins on 12/28, someone is going to play the "he wasn't that good to begin with" angle for the loser and that's just downright pathetic.

I don't think that's true. Silva was doing an exaggerated version of what he always does in an attempt to set up his counter punches. It didn't work.

That's one of the reason why I expect he might go big in the first round this time instead of his regular feeling out process. If he does that it could be a quick fight win or lose.

I doubt Tate survives as long as she did last time.

He was going above and beyond anything before. Weidman looked tired at the start of the second, if Silva wasn't such a cock it was setting up nicely for him.