DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: RIKISHI

RIPPA

Not fucking Too Cool. Just Rikishi.

If he had stuck around the WWE, I feel fairly confident that he would have gotten a long time service title run like Kane did.

Anyway - the Rikishi Driver definitely was my go to finisher when making a CAW

rikishi-driver-o.gif

hm30.gif

This really is going to irritate me all day - I know there was an angle where they were doing the Heel is going to face a random name drawn out from a hopper.

I know that one time the winner was Rikishi.

I think THINK it was against Triple H but I am not 100% and I can't find anything on Youtube... yet...

This really is going to irritate me all day - I know there was an angle where they were doing the Heel is going to face a random name drawn out from a hopper.

I know that one time the winner was Rikishi.

I think THINK it was against Triple H but I am not 100% and I can't find anything on Youtube... yet...

• Like 1

I feel like we went over that mask in the brief attempt to make FSW actually generate some content in the HHH thread. Anyway, Rikishi's 2000 Timeline is fairly interesting. I love how bemused and confused he seemed about getting the IC belt in retrospect. 

Uh, I'm going to post this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWkMTHZjWI

because it's one of my favorite Monsoon/Heenan matches ever as Bartlett is pretending to be Vince and the two of them sort of hilariously team up in the face of how irritating he is and kind of a fun concession stand brawl. 

And maybe this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxy3d6_rikishi-vs-val-venis-steel-cage-match-for-the-intercontinental-title-fully-loaded-2000_sport

which I haven't seen since it first aired.

You gotta do, what you gotta do.

I really like watching Rikishi vs big guys that he can credibly bump against from this period. He eats Kane and Undertaker's offense so well and yeah, he tends to do it with everyone but it's less jarring with these two. SPOILER: the best part of the match is Undertaker's facial expression when Kane and D-Von do the Wasssup spot. The Last Ride on Christian is pretty nuts too though.

• Like 1

Saw this mentioned on wikipedia but didnt seeit on first search on youtube

The family worked for the Universal Wrestling Association in 1991 with Fatu, Kokina, and The Samoan Savage winning the UWA Trios Tag-Team titles[6] and holding it for just under two months.[13]

They also made a headline appearance on the UWA’s 16th anniversary show losing to Dos Caras, El Canek, and Mil Máscaras.[14]

In May 2001, he returned from an injury, was immediately turned back babyface and worked a couple of TV main events opposite HHH before getting injured very shortly after. It seems like he was being positioned into the title/main event picture for the summer of 2001 so it would have been interesting to see an Austin/Rikishi PPV match with Austin in crazy worker mode. Rikishi in the Invasion could have allowed him to solidify in the upper card too.

I totally forgot Rikishi showed up in TNA when Christian was wrestler various Samoans to prepare for Samoa Joe. For some reason the only full match of his I can find is that ridiculous reverse Battle Royal.

Oh and this...

Rikishi's K Driller may have been the nastiest finisher in WWE history. Seriously, you never heard anyone bitch about how the 400-pound dude's SITOUT PILEDRIVER didn't look hurty enough... and yet he always protected the hell out of his opponents at the same time. And it was protected in turn... I can't remember anyone kicking out of it off the top of my head.