DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

I was just more concerned it was going to be like "MY WIFE HAS A NEW SHIRT!!! BUY IT!!!"

I mean if I get more "Who is Jesse Owens?" then I will be happy

Someone just retweeted Rovert into my timeline and man let me tell you that guy is no gimmick. He genuinely cares about the opinions of others re: dirtsheets and browses the internet to correct people who aren`t correct.

You really ride the wave between stupid and (hopefully) trolling.It is something I do to get laughs. I barely do it these days I handed the schtick off to someone else. Glad you seemingly got worked by it.
Nice try.

For some reason you pick the exact same fight over and over which ends up with you looking stupid when someone who knows me laughs at the posts you make about me. I was surprised you picked the exact same fight yet again. The last time this happened I thought you had a breakthrough on that aspect but apparently not.

Does that person also spend a lot of time on twitter searching the term "dirtsheet" and correcting 13 year old TNA fans on the usage of the term?

Someone just retweeted Rovert into my timeline and man let me tell you that guy is no gimmick. He genuinely cares about the opinions of others re: dirtsheets and browses the internet to correct people who aren`t correct.

You really ride the wave between stupid and (hopefully) trolling.It is something I do to get laughs. I barely do it these days I handed the schtick off to someone else. Glad you seemingly got worked by it.
Nice try.

For some reason you pick the exact same fight over and over which ends up with you looking stupid when someone who knows me laughs at the posts you make about me. I was surprised you picked the exact same fight yet again. The last time this happened I thought you had a breakthrough on that aspect but apparently not.

Does that person also spend a lot of time on twitter searching the term "dirtsheet" and correcting 13 year old TNA fans on the usage of the term?

THIS is what the people that were complaining about the diner talk wanted to get back to?

• Like 1

As for actual diners, my wife is from South Jersey and I swear past Wawa the only thing they have going for them is the plethora of non-chain diners all over the place. MD isn't that far away and we just don't have it. It's not part of the culture, nor was it in MA where I grew up.

Nice try.

THIS is what the people that were complaining about the diner talk wanted to get back to?

Rovert is my new favourite plaything

Y'all tell me now if I am going to regret following Alvarez on Twitter

Yes.Unlike dave, who tweeted that great terry funk story last night.

Oh yeah - I loved that last night.

For those that missed it

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 10h

I was at this match in Nagoya with 14,999 other people.  

Funk is going crazy after, saying he's going to kill Hansen & Brody way deep in the stands running over people left and right.

Totally in the zone, sees me, maniac, "I'll kill you Hansen, I'll kill you Brody," looks at me "I'll see you for dinner."

Later that night I'm at dinner, a bunch of teenage girls come up all excited.  Run up to me and show me their hand.

"Dave" is written in magic marker.  They grab me and drag me to another restaurant in town where Terry & Dory were.

Keep in mind, Nagoya is not some little town, it's a major city like a Philadelphia.

If you watch the 1983 Funks vs. Gordy & Hansen  match, those girls were the Terry Funk cheerleaders crying like crazy at the end.

Hansen & Brody were the greatest team ever for that style.  Final night of that tag tourney in Yokohama was incredible.

Same night in Nagoya was Choshu and his guys jumping from New Japan to attack the All Japan guys.

When I got to Japan, everyone was raving about a Funks vs. Davey & Dyno match that wasn't taped for TV as best of the tour.

Still never seen it.  I can just imagine how good it must have been to be best on that tour.

Says the guy with 283 posts on here already. Excellent burn, fam.

Wait hold on. You are the person who ultimately gets ridiculed in any interaction you have ever had with me. I've never seen you get the upper hand in anything here to be honest.

Says the guy with 283 posts on here already. Excellent burn, fam.

Wait hold on. You are the person who ultimately gets ridiculed in any interaction you have ever had with me. I've never seen you get the upper hand in anything here to be honest.
Hahahaha you've been white knighting Meltzer for years on here and for what, 20,000 tweets on Twitter? I don't even need to ridicule you, you do it to yourself.But hey maybe Meltz will retweet you one day and it will all have been worth it?

Say, does this board have one of those private message thingies?

Just wondering.

if you click on a member's username, you go to his/her profile page.  Above the profile info, there's a button "Send me a message."

Was I was too subtle?

• Like 2