DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

Malls are essential for buying clothes for your girlfriend/wife at Christmas or whatever.  Online shopping for women's apparel is like trying to navigate a minefield in which the mines have been replaced by eye rolls and forced smiles masking disappointment.

Malls are essential for buying clothes for your girlfriend/wife at Christmas or whatever.  Online shopping for women's apparel is like trying to navigate a minefield in which the mines have been replaced by eye rolls and forced smiles masking disappointment.

I'm a guy but I could never buy pants or shoes online. I have to get them in person.

Pretty much this. Some malls/high streets will fail, but the idea that all purchases are moving to the internet - sure, maybe one day when we have the flying cars and stuff; but we're a way away from that. I buy a lot of my clothes online for sure, but that's not for everyone. And people still have to meet people somewhere; retail stores do sometimes feel like showrooms for Amazon but Amazon do need those showrooms to exist. In short, Malls will evolve but they will survive.

Malls are essential for buying clothes for your girlfriend/wife at Christmas or whatever. Online shopping for women's apparel is like trying to navigate a minefield in which the mines have been replaced by eye rolls and forced smiles masking disappointment.

I'm a guy but I could never buy pants or shoes online. I have to get them in person.

It's easy when you've bene buying the EXACT SAME PAIR of sneakers for the past 12 years. New Balance 990 13 4E.

Some kind of instinct. Memory of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives.

I do miss the days of wasting most of money on video games at the mall.  Now they are all replaced with places to buy caps, really awful looking goth shirts,  and as seen on TV stores :(

• Like 1

Lots of academic research has been done about malls being appropriated by people for reasons other than consumerism: from teens hanging out socially to old folks power walking.

Also, all the stuff written by Paco Underhill.

Malls are essential for buying clothes for your girlfriend/wife at Christmas or whatever. Online shopping for women's apparel is like trying to navigate a minefield in which the mines have been replaced by eye rolls and forced smiles masking disappointment.

It's easy when you've bene buying the EXACT SAME PAIR of sneakers for the past 12 years. New Balance 990 13 4E.

I'm 25 and I bought a pair of shoes last year that I can no longer fit in. Very odd.

Shoes generally stretch out as you wear them, so that is odd, perhaps you were still growing a bit? That does happen, even up into your mid-20s.

I'm 25 and I bought a pair of shoes last year that I can no longer fit in. Very odd.

Are you fatter than last year?

Are you fatter than last year?

I'm a lot thinner actually but I play basketball almost everyday and the abuse my feet take from it may be where the problems are from. Trying to walk on my bare heels in the mornings is like walking on jelly.

I discovered the 990s a little over a year ago and those things are fucking life changers compared to the cross trainers I wore for way too many years. Ridiculously comfortable and supportive.
  • Like 1