DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

Never ate a Shoney's, but we did just get a Golden Corral that I refuse to go to. The week it opened was like a South Park episode playing out. That place was fucking packed and I shit you not, there was a line outside the building and nearly everyone was grossly overweight, wearing sweatpants, and a t-shirt. My friend had the best comment about Golden Corral on his Facebook, which was "Golden Corral: We aren't afraid of salt."

Never ate a Shoney's, but we did just get a Golden Corral that I refuse to go to. The week it opened was like a South Park episode playing out. That place was fucking packed and I shit you not, there was a line outside the building and nearly everyone was grossly overweight, wearing sweatpants, and a t-shirt. My friend had the best comment about Golden Corral on his Facebook, which was "Golden Corral: We aren't afraid of salt."

Yeah, okay, That right there is the typical Golden Corral crowd. And I like Golden Corral. Fortunately, I live 90 minutes away from one. That has stopped me from going on a path were I can only leave my house via forklift.

I remember when I first moved to Canada I was staying at a hotel nearish to the airport for a week or so while I figured out where I was going to live. Only place to eat at nights within walking distance was a Dennys and me and my friend ate there every night for a week.

That was eight years ago. I've never gone to Dennys since.

We ever find out why Meltzer posts Babinsack's articles on the site?  Cause that Ultimo Dragon book review is just a rambling mess about a Kickstarter project for the book and not a review at all.

And if I'm on the road and the options are available it's...

Breakfast: Shoney's

Lunch/Dinner: Bob Evans

Late Night: Denny's

And Shoney Bear is my dude.  He used to send me a birthday card until I was late into my twenties for a free kid's dessert.

I go to Denny's more than most. The wife loves pancakes.

We just went last week, while we were in San Antonio. I don't mind a little butter, but when I ordered my usual (Egg Whites and English Muffins) it came out with a puddle of butter on the muffins, and the whites were swimming in what I would best describe as a 'butter soup'.

The waitress and manager were extremely apologetic; they brought out a new order without the American amount of butter on it, and I think they also took the new cook outside and beat him.

Surprisingly good service from a location that was about five feet away from a strip club.

Do you people not have Bob Evans or something?

No. For some reason when I see sausage and gravy dispensers I feel like this is a good thing.

Posted Image

I need one of those dispensers for my house.

Just to be clear on this.  This is a setup for a joke about your lacking a proper, functioning dispenser for the sausage gravy that you love and crave.

People, I implore you.

I can whip up a mean biscuit but I haven't mastered the gravy.

This is the most Kung Fu thing ever written on this board.

Something this guy would say:

Posted Image

Before making you balance six wine jugs on your back while he goes back to study his gravy formula.