DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

Why was Bryan obsessing over WWE not signing AJ Styles as TNA Champion? It's not exactly a Ric Flair situation. WWE wouldn't acknowledge it and he wouldn't appear on their TV with the title and TNA would just move on with Magnus. It's not going to be a big deal outside of the TNA fanbase.

Why was Bryan obsessing over WWE not signing AJ Styles as TNA Champion? It's not exactly a Ric Flair situation. WWE wouldn't acknowledge it and he wouldn't appear on their TV with the title and TNA would just move on with Magnus. It's not going to be a big deal outside of the TNA fanbase.

I disagree, I think most fans would know who AJ Styles is. I hate bringing up Edge/Matt Hardy/Lita storyline. Fans chanting We Want Matt was not in the original storyline plans. WWE was just smart to capitalize off the heat. Let's not act like the average wrestling fan is stupid.

With that being said, AJ Styles buzz would wear off and he would become a mid carder.

I'm not saying they don't know who Styles is, I'm saying no one gives a shit about the TNA title. 

Oh ok, yeah you are right. That title never had any prestige. At least when they had the NWA belt, WWE could play off the history of the NWA but not the Impact Championship. I am trying to understand while there are titles in TNA at this point.

I can't imagine him being looked at for even a small world title run during that comeback, not with Austin, Rock, Taker, and Hunter all being in the main event picture. If Davey was going to get the belt, he should've won it at the 12/95 IYH and dropped it back to Bret at Rumble.