DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

They made last night's show the free show this week.

Dave starts off by telling the story of how he missed the UFC 20th Anniversary Documentary thing because he didn't charge his phone.

Still better than Sempervive, right?:

"And well, again, you know it's like we've been saying, they just keep, you know again with the way they do things you know you can't really I mean it just doesn't work and again to the point of everything over the last few years you just keep coming back around to that idea that we're talking about and you can say it and say it but again it just doesn't I mean it can't keep going but it just keeps up in that same way back to the point that I was saying and well, again, you know it's like we've been saying, they just keep, you know again with the way they do things you know you can't really I mean it just doesn't work and again to the point of everything over the last few years you just keep coming back around to that idea that we're talking about and you can say it and say it but again it just doesn't I mean it can't keep going but it just keeps up in that same way back to the point that I was saying...""And with that we'll head to a break..."

11-6-13 -

Layfield answered the question about last week's Partridge Family mention. It was apparently that Slater reminded him of David Cassidy. He would have to be the only one who would think Heath Slater reminded him of David Cassidy. Maybe next week he can say Moolah reminded him of Linda Evans in the James Bond movies. Kane, dressed in a suit and tie, looking like a cross between a giant 2001 version of Dana White and Bull from Night Court came out and distracted Show.

I have to think JBL meant Danny Bonaduce.

Dave starts off by telling the story of how he missed the UFC 20th Anniversary Documentary thing because he didn't charge his phone.

That's our Dave!

In his defense, he's working with one good leg. Sometimes, you forget to charge your phone. I can't imagine trying to do all the work he is doing and then trying to worry about keeping up with the battery life on his phone.

That's our Dave!

In his defense, he's working with one good leg. Sometimes, you forget to charge your phone. I can't imagine trying to do all the work he is doing and then trying to worry about keeping up with the battery life on his phone.

Isn't part of his job to be on the phone all the time? Getting scopes and so

That's our Dave!

Isn't part of his job to be on the phone all the time? Getting scopes and so

Meltzer is collecting microscopes? What a jack of all trades!

Aside from maybe Don Owen and Dave Brown, I find it hard to believe that none of the non-wrestlers are not only not in, but aren't even remotely close to getting in.

You look at that list of non-wrestlers, and there's a whole bunch who look like hall of famers. Maybe once a couple get voted in, the floodgates will open for the rest.

Just listening to Keller and Mitchell talk about Wrestling Hall of Fames (Halls of Fame?) and the Observer Hall of Fame was conspicuous by it's abscence in the conversation. Would I be correct in assuming that it's not allowed to be mentioned on the Torch shows even though Bruce sometimes appears on the Observer audio as well and talks about the HOF?

Just listening to Keller and Mitchell talk about Wrestling Hall of Fames (Halls of Fame?) and the Observer Hall of Fame was conspicuous by it's abscence in the conversation. Would I be correct in assuming that it's not allowed to be mentioned on the Torch shows even though Bruce sometimes appears on the Observer audio as well and talks about the HOF?

Totally wrong. Mitchell writes a column about his WON Hall of Fame ballot in the Torch every year.

Listening to Cornette's podcast made me wonder what's the reason for the Midnights being the Observer HOF and not the RnR Express? I mean, I'm sure it's been argued to death in various places but I wonder if there was a just a commonly held assumption. Is it just that Cornette as manager puts the Express over the top?

Yeah, I'm probably ignorant of this but didn't the RnR's basically invent the "face-in-peril, hot tag, house of fire" routine? Or, at the very least, they basically perfected it. And considering that it's the layout of every tag match ever, that should say something.

It's weird, both teams are so linked together. I mean, shit...the RnRs were awesome in SMW against the Bodies too

Midnights had feuds with RnR (crockett and watts), Fantastics (tx and crockett), Southern Boy, the other MX, pillman and zenk and garvins.

RnR had: MX, russians, andersons/tully and arn, doc/teddy, rockers in memphis, bodies in Smw.

My totally bias opinion is both are great, but MX (both JC versions) get the nod.

I love the RnRs, but they also suffer from hanging around as long as they did. The MX went out at (or just slightly past) their peak. Morton & Gibson didn't do much of anything from 88-92, had a great couple years with the Bodies (and even the Gangstas) in 92 and 93, then crashed again. I swear I didn't even remember their 1996 WCW run until reading old Observers. And nobody remembers their 1998 WWF run. The Midnights have the advantage of nostalgia - we haven't seen them team (other than a handful of reunion type deals) for over 20 years. Ricky and Robert are (were?) still doing indy shots. Plus, Ricky and Robert have broken up what, 5 or 6 times now?