DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

I can't stand people who can't stand G&S. I saw Pirates at the Strand Theater in London with Anthony Head as the Pirate King. Take that, Fowler.

Well, damn.  Lucky bastard.

What he said. I'd love to see Tony Head live again.

7-22-96 -

Exaggeration of the week. The three table bump Dreamer took on the previous show off the elevated section near the balcony was billed on television as a 25 foot drop. If it was, then the Bruise Brothers, who were setting up the table, are about 23 feet tall each.
  • Like 1

Xanadu Rifftrax sounds like a name from WWE's developmental name generator.

"And now representing Colonel Robert Parker's Stud Stable Modeling Agency, making their respective seasonal residences in Paris, Milan, and Bucksnort, the team of Tyler Breeze, Xanadu Rifftrax, and Catwalk Buck!"

• Like 1

Been catching up on the WON radios and on the show following some UFC last week the first 30 seconds of the show has Dave saying "It was a great fight. Both guys took a ton of punishment and needed to go to the hospital afterwards."

Just found that hilarious coming off his rant on Sombra/Volador taking too many risks in their mask match and cutting their careers short.

• Like 1

I guess he has a different standard when it comes to wrestling vs mma in that regard, but he's watched guys do dangerous things for decades now and praised them anyway.

Been catching up on the WON radios and on the show following some UFC last week the first 30 seconds of the show has Dave saying "It was a great fight. Both guys took a ton of punishment and needed to go to the hospital afterwards."

Just found that hilarious coming off his rant on Sombra/Volador taking too many risks in their mask match and cutting their careers short.

Yeah, I think it's hilarious when he's talking about wrestling saying wins and  should matter and it should be booked like MMA and then debate MMA and say the audience doesn't care about win-loss records and it should be booked based on personalities and storylines like Pro Wrestling.

Well, it's the old saying anyway, the point of working a fight is that wrestlers can take care of themselves and prevent injuries etc. and if you don't do that you're an idiot yada yada yada. In real fight you have consenting adults engaging in dangerous combat, all you can criticize is the referee for late stoppage. 

• Like 1

I'm now hazy on that conversation but wasn't his whole point that they had lost the crowd because it wasn't the match they wanted and Volador and La Sombra were trying to kill themselves to prove they belonged there? Having that opinion doesn't necessarily make him a hypocrite.

I had to stop listening to it because the constant "ya know?" drove me crazy. I swear he one time had a "sentence" that was "Ya know, I mean, ya know?" Once you notice it, you can't unhear it. Much like once you notice Bret Hart never closes his mouth when wrestling, you can't unsee it.

Damn you. Damn. You. And I JUST bought the Dungeon Collection. Fuck, man ... goddamn it, now it's like yawning is the SIXTH MOVE OF DOOM!

I would've paid all the money in my checking account to ROH if Joe Koff had told Bryan Alvarez to shut the fuck up. You could tell that he was getting increasingly unnerved by Bryan incessantly bringing up their problems with the streams. Also, Bryan asking if they could somehow increase their budget. Then the last ten minutes or so, Koff basically turned it into an awkward shillfest for ROH and kissing Triple H's ass. That interview was just a debacle on all fronts.

I would've paid all the money in my checking account to ROH if Joe Koff had told Bryan Alvarez to shut the fuck up. You could tell that he was getting increasingly unnerved by Bryan incessantly bringing up their problems with the streams. Also, Bryan asking if they could somehow increase their budget. Then the last ten minutes or so, Koff basically turned it into an awkward shillfest for ROH and kissing Triple H's ass. That interview was just a debacle on all fronts.

Y'know what wouldst have been better? If Joe's brother Jack told Bryan to fuck off ... haw ...Edit: "wouldst?" ... damn phone, what a weird auto-correct ...

That guy was a goof. I don't watch ROH TV at all - is he ever an on-screen character?

That was truly one of those interviews that Dave could've handled perfectly well by himself. Sometimes Bryan should learn to just shut up sometimes and let the big boys talk. 

I thought it was funny for that Koff guy to talk about how it's better for ROH to draw 100 in Chattanooga than it is to draw 1,500 in NYC because the building's more expensive in NYC. That would certainly be true if ROH was drawing decently in these smaller towns, but they're not.