DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

I really think that if someone robbed Dave Meltzer's house, and took a laptop or TV, and would be upset, but wouldn't really care as much as one of us would care. On the flip side, if someone came in, and took a crate of tapes I feel like Dave would hunt them down like Charles Bronson.  

• Like 1

I really think that if someone robbed Dave Meltzer's house, and took a laptop or TV, and would be upset, but wouldn't really care as much as one of us would care. On the flip side, if someone came in, and took a crate of tapes I feel like Dave would hunt them down like Charles Bronson.  

That last sentence practically demands a Photoshop.

Someone like .... the Repo Man?
  • Like 2

Loved BIG DAVE's diatribe about HHH burying babyfaces, drawing detrimental examples going all the way back to Owen Hart, before finally coming to what he said to The Miz and going...

You know what, maybe Miz really is useless. It probably doesn't matter in Miz's case.

Lost it.

• Like 1

Loved BIG DAVE's diatribe about HHH burying babyfaces, drawing detrimental examples going all the way back to Owen Hart, before finally coming to what he said to The Miz and going...

You know what, maybe Miz really is useless. It probably doesn't matter in Miz's case.

Lost it.

Oww. Big fall for The Miz since 2010-2011.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/103-indies/32943-funks-last-stand-again

Terry Funk, the man who holds pro wrestling's all-time record for retirement matches, to the point athletes in other sports have joked about "The only guy who has retired more times than me is Terry Funk," is scheduled to wrestle again on 11/9.

Who has made such jokes?  What athlete has even retired enough to even make such a joke?  Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard any athlete in any sport ever mention Terry Funk in any context.

So is anyone gonna post wacky old dirtsheet quotes any more?  Kinda miss those.

901. WON CLASSIC: "The day before Rumble, The Undertaker and Paul Bearer were on Regis & Kathy Lee and when Undertaker was asked who beat him for the WWF title, Bearer responded, "Ric Flair," showing that the Undertaker's spirit may live forever, but Paul Bearer's memory doesn't last very long." - (WON 1994-02-07)902. "Randy Orton pinned Alberto Del Rio in 12:37. Del Rio worked the left arm for several minute. This was a basic well worked match. JBL said this match was bigger than the Hell in a Cell match and how it had been brewing since both were kids. That’s one hell of a playground that encompasses St. Louis and San Luis Potosi, Mexico." - (WON 2012-11-05)903. "Backstage, Booker was trying to get to the bottom of the Kaitlyn attack. He had Eve, Aksana, Layla and Kaitlyn and Long in his office. Booker asked Aksana if Eve sent the e-mail to her to attack Kaitlyn. She said “No, it was a text message.” Remind me not to take her in as part of a conspiracy." - (WON 2012-11-05)904. "Sheamus noted that Kingston has beaten Miz three times in a row. Miz said the difference is that he can beat Kingston, and has in the past, while Sheamus has never beaten Show. Well, except for all the times he did, that would be correct." - (WON 2012-11-12)905. WON CLASSIC: "On WCW Pro on 3/30, during a match with Bunkhouse Buck (no longer with the company) vs. Steve Collins, the announcers must have set an all-time record because at no point during the match did they mention the name of either competitor." - (WON 1996-04-15)906. "Rollins said that things were going in the wrong direction and they are there to make things right. They gave their name as The Shield. Rollins said it was just a coincidence that both of their appearances benefitted Punk. Ambrose said it's all about right and wrong and that in that case, Punk had been forced to defend the title against two guys he had already beaten and that was wrong. Hopefully they don't run in during Jones vs. Sonnen." - (WON 2012-12-03)907. "We had another segment with Fandango. Not sure if reminding people that 'Dancing with the Stars' is on another channel is that good an idea. Reminds me of TNA putting on people from 'Jersey Shore' going head-to-head with 'Jersey Shore'." - (WON 2012-12-03)908. " Layfield talked about how 3MB was on a winning streak. Cole mentioned that they just lost last night." - (WON 2012-12-24)909. " Maddox showed up and thought Booker was going to offer him a contract. Booker said he lost his match and was awful. That’s a fine way to build up a guy who is probably going to be all over TV until they can’t figure out what to do with him." - (WON 2012-12-24)910. "Cena said the last six times he faced Punk, he hasn’t got the job done and how he’s never beaten Punk. Well, except for the countless matches where he did." - (WON 2013-02-04) 

• Like 1

Love the quotes as well.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/103-indies/32943-funks-last-stand-again

Terry Funk, the man who holds pro wrestling's all-time record for retirement matches, to the point athletes in other sports have joked about "The only guy who has retired more times than me is Terry Funk," is scheduled to wrestle again on 11/9.

Did anything ever come of the announced match(es) of Funk vs Mil Mascaras last month?

905. WON CLASSIC: "On WCW Pro on 3/30, during a match with Bunkhouse Buck (no longer with the company) vs. Steve Collins, the announcers must have set an all-time record because at no point during the match did they mention the name of either competitor." - (WON 1996-04-15)

Reminds me of this match...

Michael Hayes and... uh, his broadcast partner spend the entire match talking about the Taker-HHH feud and the fucking XFL.

They didn't happen.  I'm considering going to the Hardcore show just to see Terry live one more time.

Do so. Seek out the appearances of TFunk and treasure them and learn from them. Pass this knowledge onto the children, and the worthy. Terry Funk is a Living Jewel.of Amerika.

- verily,

RAF

• Like 1

HOF ballot was sent out today.

I FOLLOWED THE HISTORICAL PERFORMERS ERA CANDIDATES
Gene & Ole Anderson
The Assassins (Joe Hamilton & Tom Renesto)
Red Bastien
June Byers
Pepper Gomez
Rip Hawk
Dick Hutton
Ciclon Negro
Dutch Savage
Kinji Shibuya
Wilbur Snyder
John Tolos
Enrique Torres
Count Billy Varga
Von Brauners & Saul Weingeroff 
Tim "Mr. Wrestling" Woods 

I FOLLOWED THE MODERN PERFORMERS IN U.S/CANADA CANDIDATES
Bob Armstrong
Batista
Edge
Owen Hart
Curt Hennig
Ivan Koloff
Brock Lesnar
Fabulous Moolah
Pedro Morales
Dick Murdoch
Ken Patera
Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)
Sgt. Slaughter
Jimmy Snuka
Sting
A.J. Styles
Johnny "Mr. Wrestling II" Walker

I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN JAPAN CANDIDATES
George Gordienko
Gran Hamada
Volk Han
Masahiko Kimura
Yuji Nagata
Seiji Sakaguchi