DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

Wow. Great insight into Dave's world.

Ugh, that reminds me of that awful sitcom with Harry Anderson playing someone who was supposed to be Dave Berry.
Or worse, listen up, with jason alexander as kornheiser and malcolm jamal-warner as wilbon.

Jesus, Meltzer must have the most understanding wife in the fucking world.

There's a lot worse shit your husband could be up to.

I was thinking the first quote exactly, then the second thing popped in my mind when he went into the shed. "There could be much worse things than Japanese wrestling mags in there..."

Say what you will about Meltz, and I know he isn't always right and I know people love to get on him when he's wrong, but it's never for lack of effort. Dude is clearly still fully absorbed in putting out the best quality newsletter he can. There might be more MMA talk and all that, but he's clearly still working really hard.

Apparently, Saban's limit is Bully Ray. You throw the vest on Bully Ray, and he can't lift him.

I lost it at Bryan's whole 2.5-pound weight plate explanation on the Hardcore Justice review with Vinny. I wish they did shows back in the WCW days.

Well this is gonna be good

A quick note. I usually avoid personal stuff in here but it was almost a miracle just getting this issue out this week. I had the vast majority done but my main computer got a Virus on Tuesday, which is deadline day. That wouldn’t normally be a problem but it took hours before the tech people were able to figure out it was a computer virus and not a connection problem with my printer. I’ve got five different computers in case of malfunctions we’ve got tons of back-up, so that also shouldn’t be a big problem. However, what happened is that the Observer itself had picked up the Virus so when it was moved to another computer, the Virus came with it. So couldn’t risk transferring it anywhere else. I did manage to finish it on a completely messed up computer, but editing functions were screwed up, and in the rush, editing was limited so there will be far more mistakes than usual. It was either this or miss a week, and given how much news there was, I chose the latter.

If you wanted to subscribe to the "Dave has a mild form of Asperger's Syndrome" theory, his stiff demeanor and hoarder-like tendencies (the paper on the floor, leaving VHS tapes laying around even though he admits he hasn't watched a VHS tape in years) in these videos is pretty good evidence in support of that theory.

Not that again! :)

He's a wrestling fan, all of us fuckers are a bit weird at some level. Some of us are less weird than others, but we're all a bit weird. I would have been more shocked if Dave had a clean house and didn't look like he had some type of mental issue.

--Yesterday would have been Sam Muchnick's 108th birthday, and it was also the birthday of former world champion Pat O'Connor, a St. Louis regular for decades, who was born on this day in 1924.

Look I know he died at age 93, but that's still a little ridiculous.