DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

Yeah, the thing with Crow Sting is that the second he started wrestling again and cutting promos then it was basically over. Him coming to the WWE as the apocalyptic ass-kicker that took down the nWo was always going to be a dodgy issue because the entire build-up would just be Undertaker and Sting pointing to the WM scene and then pointing to each other with either a bat or a cut-throat hand gesture for 7 weeks.

Bringing Sting in as a GM or Legend, or having him do a one-off match or squash a couple of jobbers is fine and what he certainly at the least deserves. It's so weird that he's best remembered as the silent Crow character because that was, in hindsight, such a small part of his career.

It was only over once Hogan squashed him at Starrcade 97. If he'd have come out and been dominant with Hogan only getting offense b/c he cheated, it would've worked. Instead Hogan basically beat the hell out of him before pinning him fairly cleanly. Crow Sting against Taker could work b/c he could do stuff like attack Taker with the bat, confront him with the bat and leave it in the ring and turn his back, save Taker from an attack by The Shield or something b/c he wants Taker for himself, etc. Lots of different things that could be done.

Him coming to the WWE as the apocalyptic ass-kicker that took down the nWo was always going to be a dodgy issue because the entire build-up would just be Undertaker and Sting pointing to the WM scene and then pointing to each other with either a bat or a cut-throat hand gesture for 7 weeks.

Honestly, I would enjoy two months of that happening on every RAW (and the occasional Smackdown). 

Maybe I'm just too easily entertained. 

Highlights so far:

"Oh my god, white belt Nagata almost submitted a Gracie with the rolling your eyeballs into your skull armlock."

"

but never fear, Iizuka & Yano are issuing a challenge to see if they can have the worst tag match of the yr on PPV"

"Okay, Tanahashi and Nakamura are out for a tag match. I think this is like watching Ready 2 Rumble before Slumdog Millionaire"

"How many of you wondered today if Jessica Eye had read Hogan's two autobiographies?"

"What's worse? Yujiro high on the card with no hot women, or them turning off the sound when Stan Hansen comes to Tokyo Dome?"

ETA: "If Jessica Eye is Hogan, that makes Ariel Helwani Arsenio, and that means a drunk girl is about to walk in and smash a banana in my face."