DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

Since everyone is so mad at Orton for shoving Steph, I'm surprised they're not blaming Bryan for shoving him into her.  It would play in with Wyatt saying he was going to turn into a monster.

Ive been debating this point in my head all morning and the best I can come up with was Orton started it by punching Cena which started the event, but yeah he was pushed into Steph by Bryan.

Thou it does lead to a interesting switch to the fantasy booking. So Bryan pushes Orton into Steph. Hunter attacks and pedigrees Bryan. Hunter turns and bam Superkick from Shaw to Hunter. Orton hits Shaw with an RKO. And Steph back up low blows Orton. (Or Kane choke slams Orton if you want Steph to say down)

So if Cena joins The Authority will be show up in suits or will it be pictures like that where everyone else is in suits and hes wearing his shirt and shorts?

Trips and Kane start wearing jorts and t-shirts. Stephanie wears jean skorts.

• Like 2

Way better than when they blew their load last week with that cliched brawl.

Also that is one lovely latter match belt holder.

WTF kind of handshake is John Cena going for there?  Or is hand just permanently stuck in perpetual "you can't see me" pose every time he sticks it out?

• Like 2

That ending segment was cool there was some fun stuff. The look on D-Bry's face the whole time was great like he really couldn't believe the fans were chanting for him so loudly in a segment he wasn't the focus of. Also Mark Henry laughing and raising D-Bry's hand was great so was Shawn motioning for the crowd to quiet down so Trips could finish. This has to be a slow build to D-Bry winning the World title u can't ignore a response like that he can't be buried they've tried over and over again and he just gets more and more over. Just give him the title already.

WTF kind of handshake is John Cena going for there?  Or is hand just permanently stuck in perpetual "you can't see me" pose every time he sticks it out?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Cena miiiiiiight be suffering from some nerve damage.

I don't know how that was breaking Kayfabe. Sure Steph can be a bitch sometimes, but it's not like the wrestlers outright hate her like they do HHH. In fact most of them showed concern when Steph went down. So most likely they like Steph, and blame Hunter as the cause for her attitude problems. Which if you remember it was Hunter who originally helped turn sweet little Stephanie heel in the first place.

How is it not breaking kayfabe? She and her husband have disrespected this dude and screwed him over for the last 3 months. She isn't innocent, she is right in the trenches with her husband.

CM Punk JUST fought with her husband minutes before. Why is she out there laughing and joking with a dude that just punched your husband in the face? Comeon Giant.  You are being too nice here. Clearly brekaing kayfabe for the simple fact that she is a heel and they are faces alone. 

You don't get last night's angle or last night's pop without the past three years of booking. Why does Punk attack HHH? Because he distrusts any and all authority figures, which was set up during The Summer of Punk. He got sidetracked from that because of the Heyman stuff -- his heel turn back to the side of good, which unfolded over the course of almost two years. Bryan gets involved because of everything that happened with Shawn Michaels that happened because of his run since SummerSlam. The HHH/Orton tease has been going on for a few months now with a really slow burn that finally imploded.

How is that not long-term planning? Now, I don't think they sat down three years ago with Punk and mapped this out or whatever. But I do think they have a general outline of where they want things to go and have certain big TV shows in mind where they want things to happen. You can't nail down specifics because of injuries and certain guys get different responses and, yes, TV ratings (as they should since this is a business) also play a part. But I do think they've had a general sense of where they want this to go since SummerSlam. Maybe the one thing they didn't bank on was Cena returning as quickly as he did. But I don't think they intended to put the belt on Bryan right now. They will, though.

Since everyone is so mad at Orton for shoving Steph, I'm surprised they're not blaming Bryan for shoving him into her.  It would play in with Wyatt saying he was going to turn into a monster.

I am with you. Everyone in the ring saw Bryan push Orton into Steph, so why are they blaming Orton. Dumb as hell to me.

I don't know how that was breaking Kayfabe. Sure Steph can be a bitch sometimes, but it's not like the wrestlers outright hate her like they do HHH. In fact most of them showed concern when Steph went down. So most likely they like Steph, and blame Hunter as the cause for her attitude problems. Which if you remember it was Hunter who originally helped turn sweet little Stephanie heel in the first place.

How is it not breaking kayfabe? She and her husband have disrespected this dude and screwed him over for the last 3 months. She isn't innocent, she is right in the trenches with her husband.

CM Punk JUST fought with her husband minutes before. Why is she out there laughing and joking with a dude that just punched your husband in the face? Comeon Giant.  You are being too nice here. Clearly brekaing kayfabe for the simple fact that she is a heel and they are faces alone. 

Well maybe there was a lot of animosity after Punk threw that punch. That's why I believe Booker T noticed it, and cooked up that bullshit Spinaroonie contest just so they would kiss and make-up(like a Saved By The Bell episode). And look it worked(for a week at least).

I am with you. Everyone in the ring saw Bryan push Orton into Steph, so why are they blaming Orton. Dumb as hell to me.

Because Orton started the fight in the first place when he punched Cena.

So then why didnt Hunter or Kane get Steph out of the ring once Orton and Cena started brawling.

But that isn't why everyone was mad at Orton. They were mad at him for "hitting" Steph. Him starting the fight shouldn't matter.

Look wrestling is fake, what are we doing here man.....

Why does Punk attack HHH? Because he distrusts any and all authority figures, which was set up during The Summer of Punk. He got sidetracked from that because of the Heyman stuff -- his heel turn back to the side of good, which unfolded over the course of almost two years. 

Also, Punk needed Heyman's support because even as champ, he wasn't getting the respect he deserved.

At what point do they finally get the message about Daniel Bryan?

It's hometown heat, okay. So let's no go overboard with this.

Dude, Aberdeen is like 100 miles from Seattle. When Danielson was tearing up the indies, no one in Seattle cared.

• Like 2

But, it's the Northwest. They're like Canada Jr. over there with their ironic hipster attitude. I'm surprised Vince didn't scream "SAY BIZARRO WORLD! SAY BIZARRO WORLD" from the Gorilla Position.

RxT3g0h.png

I mean look at that sign to the left of those titles.

HBK is still so fucking good at this. He can get the exact reaction he wants better than anyone else in that closing segment.

The place popped when he first came out and, instead of going straight into the heel schtick, he actually acknowledged the face reaction while slowly being more of a jerk as the show went on.

I really hope he is more involved on a weekly basis during WM season.

At what point do they finally get the message about Daniel Bryan?

It's hometown heat, okay. So let's no go overboard with this.

Dude, Aberdeen is like 100 miles from Seattle. When Danielson was tearing up the indies, no one in Seattle cared.

Yeah Michael Cole was wrong Aberdeen is "just up the road" from Seattle it's like 3 hours down the road it's a little logging town like 20 miles away from the pacific coast.