DVDVR Message Board

The Slammys (Raw 12/09/13)

Dolfan in NYC

Okay that bizarre mess of an ending was awesome in a DYNASTY sort of way.  

And Fuck yes, Seattle!!!!   HHH was like Principal Skinner trying to hold a pep rally and the kids were chanting for Bart.

Q: ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING??????????

A: Probably not.  It's just hometown heat right?  Yeah.

But more important than anything else:

Mark Henry's suit made its return from injury tonight!!!!

This needs to feature Vince as Superintendent Chalmers at some point.  I can imagine HHH screwing something up and Vince showing up going "HUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNTTTTTTEEEEEERRRR!

• Like 1

Okay that bizarre mess of an ending was awesome in a DYNASTY sort of way.  

And Fuck yes, Seattle!!!!   HHH was like Principal Skinner trying to hold a pep rally and the kids were chanting for Bart.

Q: ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING??????????

A: Probably not.  It's just hometown heat right?  Yeah.

But more important than anything else:

Mark Henry's suit made its return from injury tonight!!!!

This needs to feature Vince as Superintendent Chalmers at some point.  I can imagine HHH screwing something up and Vince showing up going "HUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNTTTTTTEEEEEERRRR!

HHH: Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon! What are you doing here?

Vince: I came here to buy stamps. But then I saw you here, and I thought to say hi. 

• Like 1

Just got home from watching this live. 3 hours is way too fucking long for Raw. There were a lot of matches no one in the building gave a flying fuck about in between DBry/Fandango and the main event. I don't know how it came across on TV (KeyArena's acoustics blow), but the chants for DBry at the end of the night were deafening.

Does "Straight Edge" mean your teeth have to look like butter? Jesus. Punk must think we are all watching on a 19" Zenith.

One of the close up's they showed of him and I was Jesus, he looks like someone who's been up the last few days on a Meth bender. The whole straight edge thing is admirable, but man take some Amiben or maybe that ZZZQuil stuff and sleep for a week.

Amazing ending segment. Cena's 100% serious promos always deliver, loved it. Really put over the importance of this match and made it feel like a big deal in the best way since they announced it. The brawl was awesome with everyone getting involved. Setting up potential Punk/HHH stuff, continuing the Bryan/HBK rivalry, and the closing shot of Orton looking up at Cena with the Authority was a perfect visual to play into Orton being paranoid that the Authority are going to back Cena. Really great stuff. That segment sold the main event of TLC huge and made it feel special regardless of the rest of the card. Really looking forward to that match at least and how it turns out. The Bryan chants at the end were crazy huge, good stuff.  Match-wise enjoyed Bryan/Fandango, the eight man, and Punk/Ambrose a lot.

I was amused at Triple H not subtly having to yank on the belt holder to get it out of the way because it was brawling time.

And poor Jack Swagger definitely took a shoot elbow in the face from Orton. That will teach him to break up a brawl.