DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

He's putting on a show!!!

Has anyone seen any figures since the film has been out? I know they smashed the pre-sale record but I haven't heard about any numbers concerning Friday and Saturday numbers yet. 

Let's just say that Jurassic World didn't hold its opening weekend record very long.

It still has the worldwide figure. TFA didn't beat that, due to the fact they don't open in China until next month.

Not worldwide, international.

Jurassic World 316.1, TFA 281.

Star Wars also failed to get the best domestic Saturday record for JW, while taking Friday from Harry Potter and Sunday from JW.

But it got the vast majority, and the international mark is colored by not opening in China.

So has the story been officially retrofitted to say that Darth Plagueis was Palpatine's master?  I liked it much more when Plagueis was this ambiguous figure that may or may not have been some bullshit that Palpatine made up.

From the way that scene was handled and the way McDiarmid played it, I assumed right from the get-go that he was definitely talking about his own Sith mentor.

And Minions.

Edit: Universal has put out 7 films that crossed the $100 million barrier domestic this year. In addition to the three already named, you have Pitch Perfect 2, Fifty Shades of Grey, Straight Out of Compton and Trainwreck.

So has the story been officially retrofitted to say that Darth Plagueis was Palpatine's master?  I liked it much more when Plagueis was this ambiguous figure that may or may not have been some bullshit that Palpatine made up.

I don't get why the Collider guys take all of Palpatine's words on Darth Plagueis as gospel.  Even after Episode 7, they are still riding the Plagueis train hard.

Random "I was a silly child" story:

So, I saw Star Wars on TV when I was maybe 5 (and taped it, and watched and re-watched it until the tape was garbage), and saw Jedi in the theatre when I was 6, but I didn't see Empire until well after that--pretty much all I knew about the story came from the hyper-condensed "storybook and cassette" package, until I was probably 10 or 11. But I had a lot of experience with the toys and especially the toy ads. As a result, because the Tauntaun toy had a trap door described as a "secret compartment" I actually thought that Luke was hiding in a marsupial-type pouch until we got the VHS box set of the trilogy..

Something I found interesting

So there was a story on either Kotaku or IO9 about how there were 8 trailers before their showing of Force Awakens

I went to the Alamo Drafthouse and only got 3 (that wasn't a complaint)

Alamo - since they customize the pre-movie stuff they show - showed all the Star Wars themed wrestling.

I did miss a couple of lines of dialogue here and there trying to order a refill for my son.

Our Drafthouse pre-show didn't have any wrestling. It did have lots of toy ads and a David Unger music video, and a selection of famous Chewbacca moments re-dubbed with Pee-Wee Herman laughs and yells. It was amazing.

Only trailers we got (aside from the Hook and Scott Pilgrim quote-alongs next month) were the Michael Moore film, Star Trek Beyond and ID5. No X-Men, Deadpool, Civil War, or BVSDOJ.

My Alamo also should that clip where someone dubbed in James Earl Jones dialogue from his other movies over Vader and its outstanding.

And it turns out we only got trailers - Civil War and X-Men (we realized it was only two when trying to remember what the third one was)