DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Yes, 3PO was mind-wiped. R2 wasn't though, and he never told 3PO anything because they hate each other in real life or something.

But yeah, 3PO and R2 went with Bail and Leia at the end of 3, so she grew up with them around. Possibly Princess was Bail's nickname for her, and 3PO never clicked in that it wasn't her actual name.

In the prequels, it was referenced multiple times that Amidala was elected to the office of Queen, with terms like the Presidency. So the titles probably don't have the traditional royal bloodline meanings anyway.

Alderran had a ruling royal family. Bail was technically King but he didn't use the title when he was active as the planet's rep in the Senate. His wife, Brea, ruled Alderran as Queen. Leia took over as Alderran's Senate Rep when she hit 18. Why she kept her Princess title, well, the movie was made 20 some odd years before the prequels.

This was somewhere in the supplemental texts that didn't get wiped out in the EU Purge.

This is rather random, but apparently, Bill Murray originally auditioned for the role of Han Solo.

I mean, am I the only one that thinks that could have worked? And been extremely interesting?

Not that he would have been as great as Ford, but...I can see it.

The whole "snarky, brash cynical asshole who secretly wants to do the right thing" deal.

He's putting on a show!!!

Has anyone seen any figures since the film has been out? I know they smashed the pre-sale record but I haven't heard about any numbers concerning Friday and Saturday numbers yet. 

Let's just say that Jurassic World didn't hold its opening weekend record very long.

• Like 1

He's putting on a show!!!

Has anyone seen any figures since the film has been out? I know they smashed the pre-sale record but I haven't heard about any numbers concerning Friday and Saturday numbers yet. 

Let's just say that Jurassic World didn't hold its opening weekend record very long.

It still has the worldwide figure. TFA didn't beat that, due to the fact they don't open in China until next month.

Not worldwide, international.

Jurassic World 316.1, TFA 281.

Star Wars also failed to get the best domestic Saturday record for JW, while taking Friday from Harry Potter and Sunday from JW.

But it got the vast majority, and the international mark is colored by not opening in China.