DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Reports are that Zoe Kravitz, Naomi Scott and Tessa Thompson are the short list for the female lead in the Han Solo movie

All 3 have read for the part

Donald Glover remains "in the lead" to play Lando

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, but compared to Castle Greyskull, it was the shit. The Ghostbusters HQ is still the best. Ghostbusters HQ > GI Joe HQ > Death Star > Castle Greyskull.

And while not a "base," I had fond memories of the Millennium Falcon.

Where do you stand on Snake Mountain?

I forgot about that. I vaguely remember it. I may or may not have had it.

The M.A.S.K. Boulder Hill base is another I had that I have fond memories of. Looking back at all of these makes me think that toys were way fucking cooler when we were kids. Now toys are more expensive and not nearly as cool.

• Like 3

True story: When "Return of the Jedi" came out, my friends and I were all big fans of Danger Mouse and in that show Colonel K always used the British slang term 'boffin' to refer to scientists, so when "Jedi" came out we all assumed that Mon Mothma had said "boffin" not "Bothan" and thought she meant a bunch of scientists had stolen the plans for the second Death Star.

With the EU being declared non-canon, and Shadows of the Empire revealing that Bothans are blue skinned aliens, we still don't know what the hell a Bothan is.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, Kuetsar said:

Have to add in a shout out to the Castle of Lions from Voltron as well. Did anyone here ever get the GI joe aircraft carrier, because that thing was insane(not that I ever got my mitts on one. . .)

No because my parents wouldn't allow it.  I had everything from the spaceships to the vehicles but that damn carrier was so fucking big my parents said no way is that going in your room.

• Like 1

How bad is it that I'm WAAAY more hyped for Rogue One than Episode VIII?  Mostly because it looks like the guys doing Rogue One payed more care to the overall story than Episode VII's hamfisted setup to do a love letter to Episode IV.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2016 at 0:31 AM, Jerome Miller said:

True story: When "Return of the Jedi" came out, my friends and I were all big fans of Danger Mouse and in that show Colonel K always used the British slang term 'boffin' to refer to scientists, so when "Jedi" came out we all assumed that Mon Mothma had said "boffin" not "Bothan" and thought she meant a bunch of scientists had stolen the plans for the second Death Star.

With the EU being declared non-canon, and Shadows of the Empire revealing that Bothans are blue skinned aliens, we still don't know what the hell a Bothan is.

You're confusing Bothans and Duros

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothan/Legends

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duros/Legends