DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

zero memorable action scenes

I dunno, this sequence was pretty awesome, especially the seismic bombs & when the Slave 1 opens fire.

Speeder chase through Coruscant and the Obi-Wan v. Jango fight on Kamino were good too. Droid factory sucked, Geonosis arena sucked. It's easy to shit on the Yoda v Dooku fight now but it was pretty badass seeing Yoda pull out a lightsaber at the time.

Droid factory might be the worst action sequence of the entire series, neck and neck with Obi-Wan riding that lizard-cat thing in Sith.

zero memorable action scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4

I dunno, this sequence was pretty awesome, especially the seismic bombs & when the Slave 1 opens fire.

Speeder chase through Coruscant and the Obi-Wan v. Jango fight on Kamino were good too. Droid factory sucked, Geonosis arena sucked. It's easy to shit on the Yoda v Dooku fight now but it was pretty badass seeing Yoda pull out a lightsaber at the time.

Droid factory might be the worst action sequence of the entire series, neck and neck with Obi-Wan riding that lizard-cat thing in Sith.

The lightsaber moment is absolutely badass.

The fight sucked then, and had aged horribly since then, and fuck it.

It's so weird that the review embargo is Wednesday, but apparently everybody who was at the premier is free to blab away about it on Twitter (in a spoiler-free manner) immediately.

So here's the deal, the review embargo says, "No reviews should be published until this time and by accepting this invitation you are agreeing to this embargo timing."  It also says:

"In order to give audiences around the world the opportunity to enjoy Star Wars: The Force Awakens to its fullest and allow them to discover its surprises and plot twists in the cinema, we respectfully ask that you as press continue to be our partners on this journey, and we ask that you refrain from revealing spoilers and detailed story points in your coverage, including on social media."

So one could take that to mean you can still post non-spoiler reactions on social media, just not an actual review of the movie and details of the plot until Wednesday.  It's a bit of an iffy loophole I would agree.  The way I would do it it is just say that I'm attending the screening but nothing else.

And that's mostly been the case. Lots of "I went to the premier, it was awesome yadda yadda."

But there have been a few people who, while not giving explicit spoilers, have let on a lot more than I would've liked. Devin Faraci, in particular, was tweeting about a bunch of stuff like "Temper your expectations regarding _____" or "The plot has a lot of ________"

He's not one of my preferred critics or anything, but one of his posts actually confirmed a lot of the fears I had when this new trilogy was first announced.