DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Just got my invite to the media screenings, which will be at Disney a week from Tuesday.

Have I told you how handsome and strong you are?  

And also, that I am Candice Swanepoel.

I can only bring one guest, and that spot is spoken for ;) .

No embargoes on this one.  It's really close to release anyway.  Moviegoers won't be reading reviews very much on this one anyway.  Quite frankly, after Lucasfilm opted out of doing screenings for the media junkets, I'm surprised they even had pre-screenings set up at all, outside of the premiere.

It's 2015, it's a guarantee that film will be a polarizing experience.

It doesn't matter, however. At least the numbered films in this series will have Disney laughing all the way to the bank.

Whatever money is maid off the spin-offs is just icing.

Well goodbye internet Wednesday at midnight.

My boss hooked me with with a Friday morning "IT Networking Event", which is an hour-long breakfast then a screening of Force Awakens so won't be too long to stay away.

Me and Xav are watching the new one next Saturday afternoon. We watched Star Wars last night and Empire Strikes Back this evening, and we'll watch Jedi probably next Friday night to get ready. Xav hadn't actually watched them in a few years, because for some reason he thinks episode 3 is the best one. 

I'm going Thursday night at 11pm at a brand new theatre in town with those padded recliner seats. At my age, I'm going to have to nap after dinner to not fall asleep. And I'm taking the day off on Friday. There was once a time where I could go to NYC to see a Grateful Dead show, be up and rickety rickety wrecked, and still get up and go to work. Youth is fleeting. :lol:

I'll be ther 10:30 AM on Friday morning, it's going to be in the heart of he craziness but it's the only type of movie that I'm willing to deal wih this type of stuff.  I can't imagine not seeing it within the first day of its release just because I don't think I can keep myself from spoiling the movie much longer then that and I would much prefer knowing only the basic idea of the movie going into it.

The anticipation for Phantom was huge (way bigger than the anticipation for the new one), and it was shockingly, violently awful. Clones came out after that, and Phantom had lowered expectations massively. Also, less Binks = better movie.

Clone Wars is bad, but it is a bad movie with professional actors, even if they are putting on their all time worse performances.  Phantom Menace stars a kid who is the worst actor I've ever seen in a starring role.  He makes the kid from Problem Child look like Marlon Brando.  It is just a hugely uninteresting movie starring a poor kid who was flat out incapable of being a bit player in a movie let alone star in a beloved franchise.  Both movies are terrible, and their quality is comprable as a whole, but man does that kid make Phantom Menace unwatchable for me.  I am someone who tries to see the positives in everything, but there is nothing about Phantom Menace that makes me ever want to watch it again.  I'll probably never watch Attack of the Clones again either, but if I had to choose which one of those movies to fall asleep to it would probably be Attack of the Clones. 

Honest to God, I find Lloyd's performance to be less awful than Hayden's in Ep II.

And McDiarmid gave his worst performance of the saga, by far, in Clones. And Lee quite possibly the worst of his career.

Toss in the worst lightsaber fight, and zero memorable action scenes, and one of the most excruciatingly bad love stories ever projected on a screen... Fuck, man, AoC isn't just worse, it's worse by an order of magnitude.

That Yoda/Dooku fight hurts. There's that awesome moment where he pulls his lightsaber out and then... Holy fuck the cgi is so bad and it moves so fast and weightless and just fuck that movie.

Yet here I am planning to rewatch them all before the new one opens.