DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I have a friend betting me that Star Wars won't beat Jurassic World's domestic box office.

Bet taken.

Well maybe not by the end of the year. . . but overall? Avatar ought to be taking notice. . .

Overall, domestic only. I think it cruises quickly to beating JW.

Greatest trailer of all time or greatest trailer of all time?   Damn, this just feels so different than the prequels. I don't know if it's because I was too young when Phantom Menace came out to truly appreciate it or what and I don't want to harp on those movies being less than ideal but this shit is in another stratosphere for me. I think the practical effects and all that have really added to it too.  The prequels didn't feel like the old trilogy to me as much as this does.  I hope it's awesome.

I have a friend betting me that Star Wars won't beat Jurassic World's domestic box office.

Bet taken.

Well maybe not by the end of the year. . . but overall? Avatar ought to be taking notice. . .
Overall, domestic only. I think it cruises quickly to beating JW.
LOL. You'll win this bet easily. This will be the highest grossing movie of all-time.
  • Like 5

Adding to the echoes of voices here but that blew me away. I just re-watched the original trilogy and I forgot how great A New Hope and Return of the Jedi were outside of a few things here and there. What a fucking trailer. Today rules. hard.

Haven't watched the trailer yet. I want to go in as unspoiled as possible. How much of the story is spelled out in the new trailer? Anything? Or is it just a bunch of awesomeness like the first trailer that really doesn't give much away in terms of what the movie is about? I don't mind seeing awesome images and scenes and such, but really don't want to know anything about the story until I watch it unfold on the screen in front of me.

I'm so nervous about getting tickets for the midnight showing.  I don;t know why.  I guess it's because of the hype, but I'm a nervous wreck.  

Would you dress up as a character?  Would you bring a lightsaber?  Is being first something you value?  If you answer yes to any of these questions, go to the midnight showing, if no go the next day.  I went to Revenge of the Sith at midnight, and let's just say my nerdiness is a little too lowkey to put up with that shit again.  I should have known when I saw the guy in line wrapped in aluminum foil in a makeshift C3PO costume, but I didn't fully understand until there was an impromptu lightsaber battle in the theater.  The theater manager came in and started screaming at everyone...for the only time in my life I agreed with the person trying to ruin everyone else's fun.

So...I may or may not have disregarded everything I typed above and bought tickets for 7:00 PM on December 17th. 

• Like 3