DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I don't understand why you hate her Boba Fett stories so much. I loved what she did making him into something more than just a badass looking dude. I thought Jaina seeking him out for help was just a cool story idea.

I haven't read those stories (nor any of the EU stuff, if I need to restate it for the record on the new board), so I can't speak to their actual quality per se, but just that idea by itself, if a tad obvious, sounds 100% more interesting than anything that's been done with Star Wars since...EMPIRE? Yeah. EMPIRE. The whole thing has just been treading water, protecting the status quo since then.

I think an original character comes in the villian. Does it have to be a Sith threat? Something tells me they'd like to create a new Darth whatever.A wild card is Ahsoka Tano. They left her wide open and she's pretty popular. Her meeting Luke and Luke learning more about preVader Anakin could be interesting.

There's an obvious reason her character arc ended in Clone Wars the way it did.

Ahsoka leaving the order means she survives Order 66. Although, since Togruti have 90 year lifespans (according to the Force Unleashed), she'd likely be dead by Ep 7 time anyways.

I think an original character comes in the villian. Does it have to be a Sith threat? Something tells me they'd like to create a new Darth whatever.A wild card is Ahsoka Tano. They left her wide open and she's pretty popular. Her meeting Luke and Luke learning more about preVader Anakin could be interesting.

There's an obvious reason her character arc ended in Clone Wars the way it did.

Ahsoka leaving the order means she survives Order 66. Although, since Togruti have 90 year lifespans (according to the Force Unleashed), she'd likely be dead by Ep 7 time anyways.

Maybe they let Dave Filone make an animated movie with Vader looking for her after Order 66...Good thought though about her species. I hadn't considered that.

Am I the only one seeing this thread bumped and thinking that some news is out or a still or something?!

Phineas & Ferb crossover next year.

Guess that's Disney's go-to crossover property now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'm not super hyped up over these movies but will no doubt watch them in theater and buy them on blu-ray. haven't read much of the novels/comics/anything else.

that being said,

Shadows of the Empire was an awesome book and video game. i'd support this as a movie.

i read some other book (can't remember the name ATM) that was about some Jedi dude on the Wookiee planet when Order66 hit that was pretty rad too.

also, is it wrong to hope for Disney to release the Holiday Special on Blu-Ray so i can really complete my collection?

I grew up reading a lot of the EU (Han Solo trilogy, Thrawn, Tales of Cantina/Bounty Hunters/whatever, Young Jedi Knights, Bounty Hunter Wars, Courtship of Princess Leia, etc etc), but I have zero expectations that the new trilogy should mirror those works in any way. As others have said, the EU fanbase is so small that pissing them off is the least of Disney concerns.

The only EU character/event I'd count on Disney using is Fett's escape from the Sarlacc. Dude is too hot of a merchandise mover for The Mouse to not incorporate into a new set of movies. A Mandalorian uprising as the new villain gets my whole-hearted endorsement.

Based on all of the casting rumors, I'm almost certain the Solo/Skywalker children will be the heroes of the new trilogy, as it should be.  The EU fanbase while small is the most loyal audience they have, and pissing them off would be spiteful at this point.  I don't know if they are going to retell the stories from the novels, but taking away existing characters from their most loyal fans would be a horrible idea in my opinion. 

The news that intrigued me the most over the last few weeks is the announcement of one shot orgin stories.  If we could get a Han/Lando buddy comedy/heist film all my prayers will be answered. 

In addition to doing a Han and Yoda origin story, they should also do one for Boba Fett.  It wouldn't be a total origin story since his origin was covered in Episode II but it could be a movie that takes place shortly after seeing Jango die to around the time of episode IV. 

There was rumors of a Seven Samurai inspired movie with Jedis in the place of Samurai's, I think that would be another good idea for a movie.  If you were to do that movie I would set in time before episode I, then you can have Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn as two of the jedis.

There was rumors of a Seven Samurai inspired movie with Jedis in the place of Samurai's, I think that would be another good idea for a movie.  If you were to do that movie I would set in time before episode I, then you can have Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn as two of the jedis.

Jesus wept.

Definitely agree with the sentiment they better not be rehashing the same storyline again. There are so many ways they could go.

I'd like to see a television show with seven new Jedis coming together and getting into adventures and such.  Come on Disney, milk this shit for all it's worth.

You can now add Saoirse Ronan to the rumored cast members of the movie.  I've been saying for months that she would be perfect for this franchise.  Definitely could be elevated to more of an A List actress if everything works out right for her.  By the time she's done with the franchise she'll still be in her early 20's, perfect time to start getting offers in a lot of high profile projects.

• 1 month later...

This screen writing change is interesting. It's almost why did they even hire Arndt is the first place if this movie is going to be whatever JJ wants it to be? I wonder if they are working from Arndts script or just starting fresh.

Anyone else dying for some real news here? I read there may be casting announcements on 10/30. I'm taken back to the time after the prequels were announced. Scraps of info, rumors. Fun stuff.