DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

So Oscar Isaac is an X-Wing pilot, and John Boyega is...a storm trooper?

I'm intrigued, but there's definitely a bit of the same-iness that I was afraid of. More storm troopers, more TIE fighters, another new Sith with a quirky lightsaber....I want to get back to the spirit of the originals, but I also don't want to feel like I've seen all this before.

I don't have a problem with the new lightsaber. Honestly, it only makes sense. You have a lightsaber handguard for the same reason actual swords have actual handguards: to guard your hand from your opponent's blade sliding down your own blade.

Overall I didn't care for the trailer until the Falcon part, and from there on I dug it. But I'll need to see a lot more to even get a preliminary opinion on whether or not I think it'll be good.

Felt like a whole lot of nothing.

Almost like it was teasing

And none of said teasers did much for me save for maybe seeing the Falcon. It just wasn't exciting. I wasn't big on Guardians teaser trailer either and that showed a hell of a lot more.

Actually, i just remembered that I've seen the Phantom Menace, as for the rest I just never got around to them.

Who is the voiceover in the trailer?

I've seen a lot of people attribute it to Max von Sydow, but he has an incredibly distinctive voice, and that doesn't sound anything like him.

Really, in certain parts, it sounds more like Benedict Cumberbatch than anybody I know of, but he was never officially cast in the movie.

Actually, i just remembered that I've seen the Phantom Menace, as for the rest I just never got around to them.

Who is the voiceover in the trailer?

I've seen a lot of people attribute it to Max von Sydow, but he has an incredibly distinctive voice, and that doesn't sound anything like him.

Really, in certain parts, it sounds more like Benedict Cumberbatch than anybody I know of, but he was never officially cast in the movie.

I read somewhere that they had it narrowed down to Cumberbatch or Serkis.

EDIT: It was Empire online who said it,just remembered.