DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

This year it was a tossup between going to the Vikings or the Cowboys stadium this year to see the Packers.

I made the wrong decision. What an epic comeback and game. Now just need for the Ravens to handle business tomorrow and the Pack is in a win and your in scenario!

Never turn down a chance to go to Cowboys Stadium. Ever.

The Cowboys need the equivalent of a Closer at QB. I mean, sure, play Romo all day, but in the last 4 to 5 minutes, bring in the Closer.

Kyra Sedgwick?

• Like 1

I know it's easy to poke fun at Romo, but I don't know how much the Cowboys' woes is his fault.  He can't do anything if the defense falls asleep at the wheel.  He can't help if his coach is brain dead.  He can't replace his attention hogging team owner.

If your offense gets you 30+ points, your team should win 90% of the time.  But the Cowboys seem to find new ways to lose said games.  How much is that on Romo? 

Romo may not be the answer to the Cowboys becoming truly viable again, but it's not just him.

I get that, but at the same time, his team's defense can't be the scapegoat for Romo's mental lapses and mistakes in crunch time. And for the record, I don't really poke fun at Romo. It must suck to be that good of a QB and have your team's defense fail you in ways that make Peyton Manning say "Damn, I had it good in Indy."

I don't like Romo but that is more playing for the Cowboys than anything.

That being said - the whole "Sure his defense constantly gives up a fuckton a points but he threw a late pick so he is the only reason Dallas loses" narrative is bullshit

• Like 1

This year it was a tossup between going to the Vikings or the Cowboys stadium this year to see the Packers.

I made the wrong decision. What an epic comeback and game. Now just need for the Ravens to handle business tomorrow and the Pack is in a win and your in scenario!

Never turn down a chance to go to Cowboys Stadium. Ever.

I could have worked this game if I was still living in Houston. Fuuuu!

The Eagles playoff hope comes down to beating the Cowboys on the last day of the season. Unless the Redskins manage to show up next week, and the Eagles somehow beat the Bears. Giving away that Minnesota game is such an Eagles thing to do.

Not only does Jason Garrett look like Ronald McDonald; he possesses about the same situational awareness as the Big Mac peddling clown. "Process"  is apparently still being able to blow a 26-3 lead two seasons and change after the Jets and Lions debacles and to team's back-up QB's at that. But I guess they're at least good enough to even get those big leads (this season) which is an improvement over 2012 where they were the ones digging big holes.....and failing to climb out of them.

As for Romo, it's not just the unfortunate picks at the worst times. It's the way he more or less bitch-armed several other makeable deep throws late that could've iced that game; throws a 108 million dollar man is supposed to make.

Still if the likes of Brees couldn't get blamed much for last season's 7-9 Saints mark because of having to overcome such an abysmal defense and lack of a head coach (applies to Jerry's mascot clown also) you have to cut Romo some slack.

It's a lame double standard for the guy. Dumbasses show up and try to put blame on him for the late pick but they're nowhere to be found when he's driving the team down the field to win which by the way happens all the fucking time.

Romo might throw a late pick and the team loses a couple times a season and he drives them down the field at the end of the game to win probably more than twice as many times as that. Then you have the couple games a season where he drives them down the field and scores and then watches the defense collapse and the opposing team score last and win.

This is the nature of what happens when you continually put it on the quarterback to win games for you every week because you have no defense. Nothing changes though, people still continue to have blinders on.

It's a lame double standard for the guy. Dumbasses show up and try to put blame on him for the late pick but they're nowhere to be found when he's driving the team down the field to win which by the way happens all the fucking time.

Romo might throw a late pick and the team loses a couple times a season and he drives them down the field at the end of the game to win probably more than twice as many times as that. Then you have the couple games a season where he drives them down the field and scores and then watches the defense collapse and the opposing team score last and win.

This is the nature of what happens when you continually put it on the quarterback to win games for you every week because you have no defense. Nothing changes though, people still continue to have blinders on.

Normally I'd defend Romo but your shameful haranguing of the Lions has made it impossible for me to do so. Fuck Romo.