DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News (RIP D&R's thread)

Elsalvajeloco

Bradley - Marquez is this weekend and flying right under your radar.  What the fuck, guys?

Dude who got a questionable win over Pacman vs. Dude who KTFOed Pacman.

Smart bets are going with Marquez by UD, but I think that Bradley is going to get leveled.

And I am Nostradamus.  You guys that thought that Matthysse was going to get by Garcia shoulda read this thread!  That being said, there is no way that Garcia is ready to step up and face Mayweather.  I'd like to see Marquez fight Money after he beats down Bradley, but JMM will probably be set up to fight Pacman again if Pacman gets by Rios on Nov. 23rd.

Bradley - Marquez is this weekend and flying right under your radar.  What the fuck, guys?

Smart bets are going with Marquez by UD, but I think that Bradley is going to get leveled.

And I am Nostradamus.  You guys that thought that Matthysse was going to get by Garcia shoulda read this thread!  That being said, there is no way that Garcia is ready to step up and face Mayweather.  I'd like to see Marquez fight Money after he beats down Bradley, but JMM will probably be set up to fight Pacman again if Pacman gets by Rios on Nov. 23rd.

I'm not a big boxing fan but I'll be recording this as it's shown on Sky Sports.

Why would anyone want to see Marquez fight Mayweather again?  Dude didnt really win one second of their first fight.  He has even said he is not interested in fighting Money again.  Dont know if Bradley gets leveled since he has shown toughness but if I was a betting man I would go Marquez by a squeaker.  

Had it 116-112 for Bradley. Good fight. JMM looked his age tonight... 

I scored it the same, but I think it was just the style matchup. Bradley wasn't affected by Marquez's power, and he used superior head movement. He pretty much took away Marquez's best punch, the right uppercut. Marquez always needs to rattle someone to effectively perform, and Bradley has the skill, patience, and chin to not get rattled. That's why I picked him to win.

HBO made people pay for a card that should have been a World Championship Boxing broadcast. LOL

Yeah it should have been a normal HBO card. In their defense it probably came down to a budgetary issue. Same reason we got things like Dawson/Hopkins as a PPV a few years back (shudder). The HBO line up this fall is actually pretty good.

October 19 (HBO):

Mike Alvarado vs. Ruslan Provodnikov

November 2 (HBO): 

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens

Mike Perez vs. Magomed Abdusalamov

November 9 (HBO):

Demetrius Andrade vs. Vanes Martirosyan

Nonito Donaire vs. Vic Darchinyan

Roman Martinez vs. Mikey Garcia

November 16 (HBO):

Andre Ward vs. Edwin Rodriguez

November 23 (HBO PPV):

Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios

Evgeny Gradovich vs. Billy Dib

Beibut Shumenov vs. Tamas Kovacs

November 30 (HBO):

Adonis Stevenson vs. Tony Bellew

Sergey Kovalev vs. Ismayl Sillakh

December 7 (HBO):

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Joseph Agbeko 

Had it 116-112 for Bradley. Good fight. JMM looked his age tonight... 

Spot on.  It's no secret that JMM is one of my all time favorites, but he really did look his age for most of the fight.  Oddly enough, he got better in the later half, but I contribute that more to his smarts than anything else.  He and Bradley were fighting the same fight, but Bradley was a half second quicker. 

This is the only time I can say that JMM clearly wasn't robbed.  I blame that on Beristain, honestly.  He kept telling Marquez he had the fight won, when he clearly didn't.  This isn't like the Pacquiao fights where he clearly outfought him, and lost a decision.  Part of me wanted to call this Bradley's star making fight, but I can't upon further review.  Yeah, he fought a great fight, but he was by no means dominant, even if he was the clear winner.  There were alot of moments where I couldn't help but think that JMM from 5 years ago would have dropped him.

• 2 weeks later...