DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News (RIP D&R's thread)

Elsalvajeloco

So for the first time, Mayweather publicly said he wants to fight Pacquiao, which I read as him finally convincing Manny to take less money for the fight.  Still don't fully believe the fight will happen, but Manny has been very vocal lately about wanting the fight.  Bob Arum is still the person holding this back the most though.

I will believe it when Manny's camp says it's going to happen.  I would watch out of morbid curiosity.  This fight should've happened back in 2009.  With Manny's mystique blemished by getting KTFO by Marquez, the bloom has left the rose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So for the first time, Mayweather publicly said he wants to fight Pacquiao, which I read as him finally convincing Manny to take less money for the fight.  Still don't fully believe the fight will happen, but Manny has been very vocal lately about wanting the fight.  Bob Arum is still the person holding this back the most though.

I will believe it when Manny's camp says it's going to happen the opening bell rings.  I would watch out of morbid curiosity.  This fight should've happened back in 2009.  With Manny's mystique blemished by getting KTFO by Marquez, the bloom has left the rose.

FTFY.

otherwise i agree. i'm not really a boxing fan at all, but i'd check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire  ·9m  

Just filed to http://latimes.com  updating @FloydMayweather @MannyPacquiao talks. Not done, but they've agreed on @MGMGrand as venue.

Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire 5m

Mayweather and Pacquiao closing in on purse split, according to official involved in the talks. Drug-testing plan is done

Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire 5m

As they hammer out purse, next step is to get @SHOsports and @HBOboxing to get the broadcasting plan sorted out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if it is just the hair and similar body frame, but I was thinking Haitian Dereck Chisora (vs. anyone worth a damn). Yeah, someone like Wilder is going to chew you up with a flicker jab all night from distance.

now if they pair Wilder against a taller opponent, how much of Wilder's game changes?

Not much. I can imagine Wilder vs Klitschkos. Both guys holding left hands in front of each others face and grappling around. I wanted to see what would happen when Wilder ate a couple of punches. So far so good. Wilder against Tyson Fury might be fun

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Floyd vs. Manny is happening in May. Or at least this is the closest we've been to them ever been of the fight actually pan out.

And yes, I know, it's 5 years to late, but still you know you're interested in it.