DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Big Z

What are the chances of Orton cashing in during Cena vs. Bryan? How hard would a crowd hate him for interrupting a solid match 30 minutes in and just RKOing and pinning both of them?

I'm really enjoying Del Rio right now.  Dolph's concussion deal has made Alberto look more vicious on offense and anyone who takes the Hamrick bump is cool by me.

Del Rio kicking Ziggler in the head repeatedly is so awesome. Cena/Henry was a ton of fun as both guys are so great in those kind of matches and Sheamus bumping like a goddamn lunatic warmed my heart. I really enjoyed all of Cody Rhodes' spots in the opener and thought he stood out in a match full of good performances.

• Like 1

I really wish that Bryan or RVD had won because it would've been a memorable moment. But Orton won and all I could hear afterwords from the crowd was crickets.

This might sound a little odd to you grownups, but the ending, the betrayal by Paul Heyman on CM Punk.. Actually really hit home, like I was involved. Silly I know, but having followed the Punk/Heyman storyline/real life storyline, it left me feeling pretty down afterwards. Great storytelling from great talent.

I guess this is what the kids felt when Paul Bearer turned on The Undertaker to join Mankind.

That aside, the two MITB matches were great, and I actually called both winners in advance, which never happens. Fun crowd, too. Bryan has really hit this one out the park, he's on fire right now.

Orton has great appeal to the worst of the worst in trashy wrestling fans.  He's got the awful tattoos, the douchey haircut, the Ed Hardy vibe, he has nicknames that sound like they were penned by a third grade boy, he creeps around the ring like a rapist, he's an ugly dude that looks like what ugly people think attractive people are supposed to look like, he cartoonishly drops his voice when he speaks--he's always going to be over.  And dear God, he'd be the biggest thing to ever hit TNA.  You're always going to have to deal with this kind of character in wrestling, just as you'll have to deal with characters that only appeal to kids and folks like FSW will always have to deal with characters that only appeal to smarks.  It's why we have DVRs for selective viewing. 

That said, I kind of see the sense in him winning.  Bryan probably has a title shot coming up, anyway, and Punk has the Lesnar storyline.  You don't just wanna throw that on RVD, either. Christian LOL

I apparently don't mind Sandow as much as some of you, because I didn't really have a problem with that.

I don't understand how the trashy people are the worst wrestling fans. The trashy fans actually react viscerally to things. It's the fans that think they are too cool for school, the ones that make signs like "Another headlock, Randy?" that are actually the worst.

Oh those fans are awful, sure. Especially when they're part of the anti-Cena crowd. Trashy wrestling fans in general are part of what makes the show so great, hence the "worst of the worst" description to specify that we're talking about that same Jeff Hardy-type crowd.

And Orton totally looks rapey slithering around the ring, you know this is true.

I hadn't watched the guy wrestle since just after Evolution until they stuck him in the same ring with Bryan, and the whole schtick still just isn't for me. I'll give that video a chance, though.

But my larger point is that the guy is super over and he's not going anywhere unless he gets busted again.

There was a lot of love for Sandow on this board and elsewhere a few months ago, and I just never understood it.

A bunch of us are secret Muslim terrorists rooting for the Arab-American wrestler who isn't an Italian-American pretending to be an Arab-American.

Sandow is fine enough, but dude should be a career mid-carder. There is value in that, and the world needs ditch diggers too. Now, I used to sing a similar tune on Dolph and now love him, but Sandow should be a guy that wins a few secondary titles but never is a serious main eventer (a heel Kofi),

Both matches were a little weird for me, as they perfectly built up a winner each time but went with a different result. I'm cool with the booking, though. First one, Cody was getting just massive shine or whatever you want to call it, and Sandow's win was kind of an "oh, okay" moment. I love how they ran with it on Raw, though. There's just nothing better than a really pissed off guy in a shirt & pants beating up a douchebag (I refer you to Matt Hardy vs. Edge and D-Bry vs. Cole). Second one felt a little more drastic, with the run-in and all, but I was happily surprised Randy got something of a pop (and the fans just have a perpetual boner for Danielson now, anyway). A Cena/Orton program could work in a lot of different ways. Orton doesn't even have to go full heel, as he's sort of an inverted tweener to what Cena is, if you know what I'm sayin. I can see him being the kind of tweener that Cena haters would embrace and kids would hate.

Story of the show was Punk/Heyman, and damn, are they magic together.