DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Big Z

I wonder if Orton winning was some sort of contractual perk for doing 12 Rounds 2. Do a movie...have a title run.

Man, I'm looking forward to Smackdown (well lets be honest it will be on RAW) when Sandow says he pushed Cody off the ladder for his own good. Sandow/Cody could be an awesome feud if they let them roll with it.

Shield/Usos ended up pretty awesome, definitely the best preshow match yet. The Usos big nearfall had me almost thinking they were really going to win. Good stuff. Liked both MITB matches a lot. Figured Sandow had a good shot but Orton winning shocked me. Loved the chaos in the first one with the Shield/Usos involvement.  Cody came off like a star in the end and looking forward to his potential face run. Thought Bryan was winning for sure but loved that Orton won. Great seeing RVD getting big pops for all his classic spots. Cena/Henry felt a little short but enjoyed it a lot as well. Guessing Bryan feuds with Axel over the IC Title for now. Love that RVD's back and that Orton could finally be back in the title picture. Pretty good show overall.

While we are nowhere near the halycon days of tag team wrestling, the tag division has been revived in large part because of Team Hell No, The Shield, and recently The Usos putting on captivating matches. I think The Wyatts will also add to the division, with Bray being the Ambrose/Michael Hayes of the group. Just need a couple more teams to be built and/or step up. Axel likely has a few months of this singles run left before being in limbo, but he could definitely be part of a solid heel tag team.

He already was. By the end of their run, he and Otunga were a fairly competent team. Which is saying a lot based on where they started. And while I was first a little disappointed that a Bryan/Axel feud looms on the horizon, the matches are going to be very good,

And I know this is exactly the opposite of where the angle is headed, but I would love to see what a face Sandow would be like.

I can't help but feel a little disappointed by that ending. Of all the guys in that match I think Randy would've been my last choice to win and least likely to need the win.

I got excited about this PPV because in the UK it was free on Sky, so maybe I expected too much. I expected Brock taking out Punk. I expected Wyatt, especially after the pre-match promo. I expected something to do with Kane. I expected Bryan to win because he's so ridiculously over he should win everything.

On another note I expected Ziggler to bring it and he did. He's fantastic. He looks fantastic. When I was a kid I loved curt hennig and Ziggler to me is like version 2.0.

2 things I hated: the ring announcers saying "championshiaaaahhhhh" and Cena's t-shirt. It's so bad. I imagine it was the winning entry in a design-a-shirt competition that only got the edge due to the kid being so unbelievably retarded.

I actually thought Dolph looked pretty "eh" in that match.  I wouldn't say he's bad but he has a lot of work to do as a face.  He just isn't believable at all.  I actually hope he moves on to Big E, because I think that would be a good guy for him to find his babyface chops against.  He needs some offense in that regard other than a dropkick.

Man that SD Ladder Match was fun as fuck.  I was nervous about Cesaro/Swagger being a way to bury the greatness of Cesaro, but if they are going to let these guys work like that it may work out.  Ambrose was a ton of fun too.  

I also loved Ryback winning with a roll up.  Actually I thought he looked good in that match.

On Orton I actually think he was the guy who MOST needed the MITB.  I am tired of him and that's exactly why he needed to win.  The only possible way he can be a main eventer and be interesting is with the threat and/or eventuality of a cash in.  Otherwise I don't give a fuck about him at all.  It's also the best possible way to turn him heel if they go the route of him beating Bryan after Bryan beats Cena which is what I think will happen.  

Man, Sandow and Orton would be the two guys I least wanted to win.

Sandow remains one of the most worthless guys on the roster.

Cena/Henry was damn good, and ADR/Ziggler was pretty decent before the finish.

Oh god, you guys.  Are they going to have Bryan and Cena's feud connected to that damn reality show somehow?

Nightmare scenario.

Or greatest scenario ever.  Who wouldn't want to see a John Cena joke-filled promo that involves photoshopping the Bellas and their breasts?

Show was full of meh for me. Pre Show match was my best of the night. Could have easily been Ziggler/Del Rio if not for the stupid finish. The MITB matches were okay but nothing special, Sheamus took a crazy bump but that is all that stood out to me. Lots of sloppiness I thought in the WHC MitB even though they had some neat ideas. Winners of both matches were bad choices IMO. Cena/Henry at least tried to not be Hogan vs. Big Guy predictable and they had a fine match, everything else didn't do anything for me. 

I felt like in the initial beatdown segment Henry was going out of his way in order to make it seem special using the giant swings and his shot through the ropes. It was a case where I'm not the sure the actual feat of strength was worth the visual with the giant swings. They weren't so giant even though, of course, it's much more impressive to do that to Cena than to the sort of guys Cesaro was doing it to. 

That's the only reason it's happening in the first place, apparently.

Dave said a few weeks ago it was also the desire to have Cena have a "great match" and the best way to do that was put him in the ring with Danielson.

I felt like in the initial beatdown segment Henry was going out of his way in order to make it seem special using the giant swings and his shot through the ropes. It was a case where I'm not the sure the actual feat of strength was worth the visual with the giant swings. They weren't so giant even though, of course, it's much more impressive to do that to Cena than to the sort of guys Cesaro was doing it to. 

Cesaro hitting the Neutralizer on Khali didn't look impressive?

• Like 1

He didn't Giant Swing him though, did he? I guess that was sort of my point, though. I get the physics behind Henry doing that to Cena being insanely difficult, but visually, it didn't seem worth the effort to me. Which isn't to say I didn't love a lot of the other parts of the beatdown nor that I didn't appreciate the feat itself. It was just a cost/effort thing where something less difficult might have actually looked more impressive.