DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Big Z

Really looking forward to MITB, much more so then last month's Payback that I actually attended. Cena-Henry is undoubtedly better then Cena-Ryback. Also, hoping (likely in futility) that Dolph gets title back from Del Rio. In the MITB matches, rooting for Ambrose to win World Heavyweight title briefcase, and either Bryan or Punk winning WWE title briefcase. Also, wish that the Usos-Shield match was on the card itself, as I have enjoyed build to that and for The Usos to keep some of the momentum they have gained in the build up (and hell, could even argue for them to win on Sunday and get a short run). Four really solid big matches (like the young heel briefcase match), and hopefully we continue to see the dynamic of the top wrestlers keep changing to a better face-heel mix.

So annoyed at how people kept looking up at the briefcase on RAW while they were wrestling.

Just looking at it is so boring.  Ask yourself "What would George Steele do?"  He would have jumped up and down in the middle of the ring trying to shake it loose, not understanding the difference between "Now" and "Then" or "Here" and "There."

He would have climbed the turnbuckle and helplessly swatted away at it like King Kong...and it would have been awesome.  These guys are too cool for school.

• Like 6

I'm excited for it. Hoping against hope that Henry is somehow going to win even though I know it's incredibly unlikely. Betting on Lesnar showing up to cost Punk MITB. That secondary MITB has so many glorious jerks in it who amuse me I won't know who to cheer for. 

The problem with the RAW version is that the whole point of MiTB was that it would change someone's career.  It meant elevating someone and sending them surging up the card.

All these guys are already up there.  What is the difference between Daniel Bryan with the briefcase now and Daniel Bryan without it?  Either way he's in the title picture.

What's the difference between Punk with the briefcase and Punk without it?  Nothing.  Either way he's still in the 2nd slot against whoever.

Orton? With or without the case is the same.

It seems like it doesn't change anything that would have happened anyway.

The problem with the RAW version is that the whole point of MiTB was that it would change someone's career.  It meant elevating someone and sending them surging up the card.

All these guys are already up there.  What is the difference between Daniel Bryan with the briefcase now and Daniel Bryan without it?  Either way he's in the title picture.

What's the difference between Punk with the briefcase and Punk without it?  Nothing.  Either way he's still in the 2nd slot against whoever.

Orton? With or without the case is the same.

It seems like it doesn't change anything that would have happened anyway.

I think Bryan winning it and cashing in now would elevate his career, especially if he pulled a Cena/RVD and gave champ notice and then won the title.

I don't know if they'd hotshot him that fast but Bray Wyatt might finagle his  in after taking out Kane. They might as well hand him the briefcase and let him hold it for a while while he wars with Kane or whoever else. No one else in the Raw side of things needs the briefcase to get over. I'd love to see Cena beat Henry and then Daniel and Mark have a brief feud to determine the number one contender. The world wants that. The world needs that.On the Smackdown side of things, I hope they give Wade some shine. He's overdue. He's one of the all-time greatest smug j-o heels. He'd be a perfect foil for Dolph. It'd be great to see AJ start to swoon over Wade's British accent. Maybe he woos her with a Brit-pop mix tape heavy on the Manic Street Preachers?

Guys winning the briefcase and then getting their first title run from it didn't seem to stick.

I don't even think the title run was the payoff.  It was the year of being in a top storyline.  Basically giving a guy time to be out there and try to get over.  WInning MitB today is kind of like winning the IC belt 20 years ago.  It's a thing you have for a few months that guarantees you a slot and a story and was a gateway to the next level.

During RAW they had a thing where the USOs were tweeting and their big joke was:

"We won't need a shield on Sunday at Money in the Bank!"

Brilliant, right?  But as I tried to remember if anyone ever actually did bring a shield to their matches, I realized it was more than just an amazingly clever pun.  It was a little giveaway to the big PPV surprise:

Posted Image

He's back.

• Like 1

There's a couple of scenarios that I like on the RAW side of the MITB matches.

1)  A Punk win where he hangs on to the briefcase until early next year when he announces in advance that he'll be cashing it in at WrestleMania against the champ.  Ideally, I think I'd like that champ to be Cena because those two have such great matches together, I'd love to see what they could do on the biggest stage.

2) A RVD win where he announces on RAW that he'll be cashing it in in Los Angeles at SummerSlam against Cena.  They can play up that RVD's done this before... against Cena... maybe even show the entire RVD/Cena match from One Night Stand on an episode of RAW.  If you're only going to have him around for a short stint, might as well get something out of him.  He's fresh, he's over, and before people get tired of him, you might as well have him put over Cena, right?

There's a couple of scenarios that I like on the RAW side of the MITB matches.

1)  A Punk win where he hangs on to the briefcase until early next year when he announces in advance that he'll be cashing it in at WrestleMania against the champ.  Ideally, I think I'd like that champ to be Cena because those two have such great matches together, I'd love to see what they could do on the biggest stage.

2) A RVD win where he announces on RAW that he'll be cashing it in in Los Angeles at SummerSlam against Cena.  They can play up that RVD's done this before... against Cena... maybe even show the entire RVD/Cena match from One Night Stand on an episode of RAW.  If you're only going to have him around for a short stint, might as well get something out of him.  He's fresh, he's over, and before people get tired of him, you might as well have him put over Cena, right?

Don't see Punk winning it.  He's already won it twice and you can do your same scenerio with him winning the Royal Rumble which is the only thing left for Punk to accomplish in his WWE career.  Bryan is the only real storyline they've built up so it'd only make any sense for him to win it, but it is the WWE.

I'm also hoping (likely against hope) that Henry beats Cena and gets a little bit of a run. Guy's been incredibly entertaining for a while now and deserves it, I think.

The rest:

Jericho jobs hard to The Ryback, I assume. Maybe Vickie gets involved somewhere.

AJ over Kaitlyn, because people actually care about AJ.

Axel over Miz, because there's no reason for Axel to lose yet.

Smackdown MitB: Give it to Sandow. No reason, I just like Sandow. He probably has no chance, though.

Raw MitB: Bryan is the best choice, I think.

Ziggler over Del Rio, because he's Dolph f'ing Ziggler.

So annoyed at how people kept looking up at the briefcase on RAW while they were wrestling.

It's the new version of point to the WrestleMania sign.

You have the choice:

Henry beats Cena for the title, or Bryan beats Cena for the title.

Who do you pick?

Bryan beats Cena for the WWE Championship is my first choice, second choice is Bryan beats Henry for the WWE Championship.

Money in the Bank 2010 was the best wrestling PPV that year. Money in the Bank 2011 was the wrestling PPV of the year and one of the greatest wrestling PPV's of all time. Money in the Bank 2012 was the weakest of the three. I'm looking forward to this show for those reasons and it's one of the wrestling PPV's I look forward to most every year with the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

The match I'm most interested in so far is the RAW MITB Ladder match, that has potential to be the best MITB Ladder match yet surpassing the one when Daniel Bryan won the case.

Riding up to Philadelphia for the weekend with some friends, really excited for the PPV. I'm picking Sandow and Bryan to win although realistically the all heels match is WIDE open. Anyone could win that one. Count me in the camp that thinks Cena retains, Henry squishes him, Bryan cashes in and leaves with the belt. Should be a really, really fun show. MITB are always fun and these are the most wide open the field has ever been for either.

Considering how awesome Henry has been during the whole build up for this match AND considering its Philadelphia, I predict they will be strongly behind Henry.

I was going to say the same thing. I predict Bryan will get the best reaction on the show, then RVD, CM Punk and Mark Henry. I don't think either contract will be cashed in. Crowd should be good as it's Philadelphia.

It's entirely possible they were scared that shit was gonna fall on their head and concuss them.

• Like 1

I don't know if they'd hotshot him that fast but Bray Wyatt might finagle his  in after taking out Kane. They might as well hand him the briefcase and let him hold it for a while while he wars with Kane or whoever else. No one else in the Raw side of things needs the briefcase to get over.

It goes against the "All-Star" gimmick of the RAW match, but Bray with the briefcase would be awesome. Having two huge, deranged, possibly brainwashed minions with him at all times puts a new spin on the cash-in gimmick, and giving him some sort of focus for his promos beyond "say crazy-guy Eater of Worlds stuff" could be a good thing.

During RAW they had a thing where the USOs were tweeting and their big joke was:

"We won't need a shield on Sunday at Money in the Bank!"

Brilliant, right?  But as I tried to remember if anyone ever actually did bring a shield to their matches, I realized it was more than just an amazingly clever pun.  It was a little giveaway to the big PPV surprise:

Posted Image

He's back.

I've missed your posts soooooo much.