DVDVR Message Board

Steve's Graps plug thread :)

Since we're on a new board set-up now, I figured, if you guys didn't mind, I'd plug my site again.  http://stevegraps.blogspot.com is the site with all my old Prime Time 88 reviews and now with a shit ton of .gifs for the newer entries.  I'm working on continuing the Prime Time reviews once I get the discs working on the computer.  They'll work on the PS3 but not on the PC, anyone know of any free DVD player software besides Windows Media Player?

• 11 months later...

I've decided to resurrect my blog and this post, from the grave and beyond.  I just did a bio on 1950's journeyman, Bill Melby.  For my site, I'll still be focusing on a lot of WWWF/McMahon/New York stuff but I'm always interested in branching out to other obscure stuff like Melby.  I hope you guys enjoy it.

• Like 1

Steve posted this over at WC and it's a great piece of work. We need more historians covering the second and third tier guys. I know a good bit of wrestling history, and while Melby was a name I was somewhat familiar with, Steve's article is simply a wealth of information on a guy who has been almost totally forgotten.

Well done, sir! Well done!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I put up a new Backlund match with a small retrospective on El Olympico in New York.

The main reason I wanted to post this reply was to ask you guys about my gifs.  Do you guys think I have too many gifs?  Is it slowing down or deterring anyone from visiting the blog?  I really enjoy putting up the gifs but I don't want to put up too many, if they are bothering anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I promise I won't hype every single new post I make but I'm pretty excited about my new project.  I'm starting to look at who had the strongest and weakest WWE championship reigns as heels.  I really am intrigued by the dichotomy between the McMahon's booking of babyface champs versus heel champs.  I'm going to use results to look at booking of champions and see how far I can get.  I'll be looking for clean wins and losses, and who those were against.  I also have a post on AWA enhancement star George Gadaski at my page.

Heel WWE champions #1-Ivan Koloff

• Like 1

I will be very interested in your conclusions regarding Superst*r Billy Graham. Was that a great missed opportunity or did Vince dodge a bullet?

On 7/24/2019 at 2:14 PM, notoriusvig said:

Yea, I'm in the middle of it now.  Surprisingly, he got a fair amount of clean wins.

In fact, here it is: Superstar Billy Graham

Very nice, and just to remind folks,  this is what a champion looks like:

billy.jpg

• Like 1

You couldn't really call Superstar Graham a heel champion.  It would be like calling Stone Cold Steve Austin a heel champion.

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

You couldn't really call Superstar Graham a heel champion.  It would be like calling Stone Cold Steve Austin a heel champion.

Indeed, he was OUR champion, the heart breaker, the scene maker; the show stopper, the big bopper; the man of the hour, the tower of power; way toooo sweet to ever be sour.

Can you dig it?

Edited by OSJ
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

Ok folks, I'm having an issue.  First, I put up the next installment ranking WWE heel champs, The Iron Sheik.

I want to continue reviewing shows like Prime Time but I can't remember the program I used to use to make gifs.  Does anyone know of any good ones?  I had one on my old PC where I could just drag a transparent screen over something on my PC and start recording but I can't remember the name of the program.