DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 6/12 - 6/18/2024 - It's Easy When You're Big Bill in Japan

Did Vince McMahon write Pac's promo? You could've hit WWE lingo bingo in under a minute.

Swerve/Ospreay is getting some nice build, though. Simple and effective. Will hesitating on the TD91 on his "friend" only for Swerve to dust off the JML Driver on him soon after would be a great story and back up Swerve's great character work with a big win. Plus you probably want Swerve holding the belt as he leads the AEW A-team to end the Elite's reign of terror.

The Jericho promo was hilarious. Has any heel ever gotten heat by going after Iowa's corn industry?

Just when it looked like Hook was starting to flounder, AEW strikes gold teaming him with Joe and Shibata. I'd love to see the group go after BCC or HOB after they settle the business with The Learning Tree.

• Like 5

I thought dynamite was a mostly good show last night.

We're getting blood and guts and AEWs team are well injured. But we got a month to see who's in it against the elite.

Dustin vs Jack was a gold match. I was hoping Dustin would win, but I great they are helll bent in the elite having almost well the gold and Perry will win the ladder match.

Mark Briscoe is a national treasure and that six man tag was awesome. 

Joe, Hook, Shibata are my new favorite crew. Give them the Trios titles.

Mone's match was pretty good.

The one bad spot of the show was Jericho. I get its supposed to he bad, but its going over that line into don't care territory and thats a shame since Big Bill and David Keith don't deserve that.

Main event was really good. Osprey can do almost no wrong. I liked the ending with Swerve telling Will anyone else would be dead. Overall a good show accept Jericho.

• Like 2

I liked the six-man. A lot of nearfalls towards the end but most were broken up by someone else (I could buy the one jumping DDT kick out as it was early in the sequence). Takeshita is best used in matches like this because his structuring doesn't really come into play. He looked like an absolute beast both in using people as weapons and even in how he took Cassidy's spin out DDT. The way he kicked his leg out to the side was nuts. 

• Like 7

Joe, Hook, and Shibata vs BCC is the Shield vs Wyatt Family feud the wrestling world needs. Just keep it simple. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

We're getting blood and guts and AEWs team are well injured. But we got a month to see who's in it against the elite.

Swerve is a lock. Kenny is pretty close to a lock I would think. I assume the timing of the match was dependent on him being good to go.

You could add Hangman, but I think he's a better fit on the Elite. You can even have him join reluctantly with his hatred of Swerve winning out, only to be left high and dry in the match and starting a face turn that way.

I think the Acclaimed (just Max and Anthony) getting a shot in a match like this would be a good idea in the absence of FTR. They're AEW originals who could use a big match win without taking any titles.

Then you always have Bryan and/or Mox who are always acceptable for these kind of things.

• Like 2

The only thing that could make me enjoy the Joe/Hook/Shibata stuff more is if they could somehow work Eddie Kingston into being a knucklehead with them.

However I got less than zero interest in an Elite vs Swerve/Acclaimed/whoever BnG match unless they fill the rest of the spots with some real sickos.

Mark Briscoe as the heater on your random babyface teams is a good spot for him if they're not going to give him an actual push on TV.  KOR is great at just reacting to stuff like a goon; they should have him do more of that and less talking.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 1

I'm assuming it wasn't mentioned on the show (got halfway, will watch rest recorded) because I haven't seen it mentioned here, but there's reports of these guys being booked for Collision.. 

Spoiler

MxM - Mansoor & Mason Madden

Jericho going on a dumb rant about how he was also denied a shot at the Olympics, so Caitlin Clark should keep her chin up and work on her defense, would have worked better than whatever the fuck that corn talk was about

Watch the ratings drops during the multiple enhancement matches not be as steep as the drops during various past competitive matches. Just to confuse everybody.

And for as much as people here love Dustin. There’s people in other places who see how Dustin doesn’t actually win anything and wonder why Perry has to go 10 minutes to beat Dustin, or the same thing about Swerve/Dustin on PPV last year. So some disagreements exist out there

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Dustin vs Jack was a gold match. I was hoping Dustin would win, but I great they are helll bent in the elite having almost well the gold and Perry will win the ladder match.

Dustin is old and good in the ring, and is used as a JTTS.  There are also a lot of people on the roster who are young and good in the ring, also used as JTTS.  I don't understand anyone clamoring for Dustin, whose best years are behind him, as more deserving of a push than people at his level of push who have full careers in front of them.  I'd rather see Lee Moriarty get a run with the TNT title and get built up than Dustin get a gold watch reign.

Edited by Technico Support

I think I have watched that Brisco promo about 10 times today and it kill’s me every time. What was really getting me good was Kyle’s reaction to everything. But the last couple watches, it’s after all of that, OC goes, “how’s it going?” and it destroys me. Just complete deadpan while undoubtedly everyone around, including the camera and sound crew, were probably dying. That was some Sami Zayn breaking the Bloodline level promo work.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Jericho going on a dumb rant about how he was also denied a shot at the Olympics, so Caitlin Clark should keep her chin up and work on her defense, would have worked better than whatever the fuck that corn talk was about

It sounded like the random fact he memorized because he watched one YouTube video as he was trying to get a farmstead tax exemption on his mansion.

But then got upset because the state requires you to have two different kinds of farm animals also.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It sounded like the random fact he memorized because he watched one YouTube video as he was trying to get a farmstead tax exemption on his mansion.

But then got upset because the state requires you to have two different kinds of farm animals also.

wait... is Jericho doing the Mr. Beast gimmick... I don't watch any Mr. Beast videos, so..

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think I have watched that Brisco promo about 10 times today and it kill’s me every time. What was really getting me good was Kyle’s reaction to everything. But the last couple watches, it’s after all of that, OC goes, “how’s it going?” and it destroys me. Just complete deadpan while undoubtedly everyone around, including the camera and sound crew, were probably dying. That was some Sami Zayn breaking the Bloodline level promo work.

Mark Briscoe could(and should) be one of the biggest babyfaces in the entirety of AEW and should be pushed/presented as such, in my humble opinion.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Mark Briscoe could(and should) be one of the biggest babyfaces in the entirety of AEW and should be pushed/presented as such, in my humble opinion.

I'm surprised they've resisted just teaming him with Cash while Dax is hurt

• Like 3

Pretty Goddamn Fantastic broadcast this week. The Swerve/Elite Opening was a bit hit and miss. Swerve finds a way even when he stumbles. Okada and Nick were great, but I do question the booking choice to announce a team in Blood n Guts rather than a feud building to the need for the annual match. Christopher Daniels promos were both incredibly weak. He's no Pearce, but perhaps he'll figure it out in time. Tho, I'd love it if they just got rid of his pointless position. Jack Perry v Dustin was also kinda hit and miss. Phantom foreign object in or not in the boot, pretty meaningless early juice job, multiple ref distractions, etc. but it all came together when it needed to and resulted in a nice win for Perry. And then the Mark Briscoe promo blew everyone's minds. O'Reilly, Orange, Willow and Renee were all great along the way. Let's be clear, Mark Briscoe's always been this great. I skimmed the Rush squash to get to the fantastic MJF/Rush brawl. That's how you do it. Orange/Briscoe/O'Reilly v Takeshita/Fletcher/Roddy was as great as everyone says it was. Perhaps it's Fletcher v Briscoe at DBD? Hook/Joe v Nese/Davari with the fun pre-match and Shibata shenanigans made for a wonderful quarter hour. Shingo/Mina/Vaquer/Naito videos were all Excellent! The Owen and Forbidden Door are really greatly benefitting from these production efforts. And it's about goddamn time. Mercedes v Zeuxis may have had some miscues, but their combined hard work battled thru any issues quite beautifully. Re-spect. TV Time wasn't perfect, but it hit the mark for me. Jericho's farming advice provided a nice laugh. Bryan Keith continues to rule with every little thing he does in this gimmick. Private Party did their part well. After a couple weeks of lionhearted misfires, I liked this. And then a Wacky Juicey/Asses promo. If you had the volume off you'd think Robinson was going after Jay. Garcia v Comoroto would've been better served with some time on the B or C. Why was MJF looking in on that for? Tho it may have come a little short on my lofty expectations, Ospreay v Fenix had some thrilling spots and was overall a very good TV match. The story elements building to the Swerve Title match were excellent. The whip pan as pointed out earlier by poster Natio was excellent. Excellent! I have alotta fun watching this show early Thursday mornings every week, but especially nice to see and hear so many other satisfied viewers. This was most definitely an 'AEWrulesTheMotherfuckingWorld' week.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm surprised they've resisted just teaming him with Cash while Dax is hurt

I think it's understood that Mark Briscoe will have singles matches, and trios and multi-mans, but he won't ever have a two on two tag team match, because his tag partner isn't there to complete the team.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

I think it's understood that Mark Briscoe will have singles matches, and trios and multi-mans, but he won't ever have a two on two tag team match, because his tag partner isn't there to complete the team.

Oh yeah, I could see that (perfectly understandable).