DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/6/13

victor

If they turn Bryan, I think it's to become a clean-shaven, flunky WWE champion approved by The Authority. No point turning him heel to join the Wyatts. And if they do turn him and give him the belt, he will lose it in 15 seconds at WM30. :)

If you look at Bray's promo, it was very much like his NXT Goodbye promo when they returned like conquering sons and blew the roof off the joint. It was subtly different than his heel work. His heel work is all about him as a Messiah intimidating people and frightening them into surrender as we approach the end of days. But his face stuff is very much about class warfare with him as a redemptive liberator. His NXT Goodbye promo is almost like a motivational speech -- he talks about how some people dream but never get off the couch, he's made it safe for us to dream because he and his family have no fear, and he threatens "world leaders." I mean, he's still delusional but he's still an inspirational person.

His introductory promo was less horror movie and had some of the class conflict motif -- "every day working class people like me have lies whispered in their ears" and "what are you going to do when they start walking?" all surrounded by shots of images of the everyday orders the oppressed have to follow. And Harper and Rowan are the first two who are walking upright.

That's why I marked the hell out for his Raw promo as much as I did. It was a return to that. Bray may have the same cause as Bryan -- fighting The Authority -- but he's insane.

I think maybe they saw the reaction The Wyatt Family vs. Shield stand-off got and were completely blown away by it. Maybe we have Bryan and the Family actually team up? Or maybe Bray's actually serving "The Devil" which is Vince or The Authority or someone? Who knows.

Anyways, I wish Bryan won the title and everything. But if second place is "Bryan is involved with my favorite characters in ages and they all get to improve due to Bryan's awesomeness" than I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Gregg I am positive that you have put far more thought into Bray Wyatt's character than anyone booking him.

Bray's put in more thought about this character than anyone. The stuff is golden. If there's one person I'd love to see a shoot interview with, it's Bray. I don't want to hear about who he rides with or anything like that, but just about how these promos get crafted and written. The dude has obviously watched a LOT of preachers and read up on people like David Koresh and knows his Bible. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a lot of theology classes in college or something along those lines. I know Dusty came up with the character and Dusty no doubt knows that world but how much of this is stuff Bray does on his own?

Those first videos had so many Biblical references -- they had some locust at some point briefly, the girl sliding along the tree as Bray leads some sort of mass like a snake, etc. Even his lantern bit has that -- "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness," is something from John. The arena goes pitch black, Bray controls the light and Harper and Rowan are following him and are the only things visible save for some cell phone lights.

His butcher's outfit he was wearing for a while in NXT also has a Biblical tie-in. Bray is the wolf leading the army of sheep. Butchers slaughter lambs. There was also in the intro promos them saying something like "Mary had a little lamb." It sounds like a horror movie and it is but there's more to it.

And his theme music is very Christian, too. The original title is "Broken Out In Love." Well, Jesus loves us all. Bray talked about loving Daniel Bryan -- how he REALLY loves him and wants to use him to fight that uphill battle whereas everyone else is putting him on right now.

In one of those NXT promo things that leaked, they even had more things with it. Someone somewhere broke it down -- Husky Harris was possessed by a demon named Azrael who forced him to become Bray Wyatt. They haven't gone that far in the WWE but that was one of the NXT deals he did.

I've gotten really interested in theology lately. This is why I'm eating this stuff up. It's not just some horror movie imagery.

If Daniel Bryan turns heel and joins the Wyatts, the Wyatts and Bryan will be turned face by the crowd.

Wait, if Bryan joins the Wyatts, does that mean CM Punk has to join the Shield to restore the balance?

I'd like to see them run Bray vs. Bryan at TLC and have Bray lose in a hard fought match. Next Raw he cuts a promo where he confesses to us he didn't believe hard enough in his abilities and he cost himself the match. Then snaps and we get The Wyatts completely running amok. The psycho goes over the edge. Meanwhile, you can move Bryan on and maybe back into The Authority angle if desired.

I really dug the Rey/Show tag and the Punk-Ambrose match. The former featured brief glimpses of greatness from Rey and Cesaro, while the latter was Ambrose's best singles showcase yet. Bryan-Orton was such nothing that it was depressing. THE WWE CHAMPION was a complete afterthought in this whole deal, and it's clear no matte what, Bryan's not getting into the main event mix soon - this was as close as it's getting for a while.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/wwe-sd-12-6-13.html

Screens -

c55059293349949.jpg

86d522293349977.jpg

b51e4b293349986.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/lsb9thkjy7s7y39jl79725idtxmzfh10

So apparently CM Punk pooped himself during his match w/ Dean and the ref had to shovel a turd out of the ring by hand?

MOTY!

I just saw it now. I don't know when he shit himself, but I know when you can really see the shit come out of his tights. At 35:40 of the video, Ambrose hits Punk with a short arm clothesline which puts Punk in a laying position. If you look closely you can see a wet spot on his trunks. Later after a Ambrose headlock Punk starts standing up to reveal brown on the mat.

http://watch-wwe.com/sma12613p1.html

Punk had dem dirty pants.

• Like 1

Is there any possible way a heel Bryan walks away from the TLC PPV as the new corporate champ?

Just a visual, but the idea of a clean shaven and smart haircut Daniel Bryan in a suit surrounded by bigger guys all round him while he stands in the middle of the ring clutching his WWE Title.. That would work so much.

Is there any possible way a heel Bryan walks away from the TLC PPV as the new corporate champ?

Just a visual, but the idea of a clean shaven and smart haircut Daniel Bryan in a suit surrounded by bigger guys all round him while he stands in the middle of the ring clutching his WWE Title.. That would work so much.

Yep.

Bryan should get some Lemmy chops.

That Goldust/Cody Rhodes theme mashup is still hideous.  And JBL with the Rybaxel and Axelback names.  You can't just mash everything together, people.  Cody Rhodes is a poor sport.  He got pinned fair and square and then whined to the ref about it.

Bad News Barrett is funny on the JBL & Cole Show because he just drops the bad news and then promptly leaves the receiver standing there looking bewildered.  The bad news is giving him a goofy-looking stand and no material doesn't work once much less twice.  #BadNewsBen

Cole describing the difference between the Unified and Undisputed Title was brutal.  You see that was the WCW Championship and this is the WHC with the lineage that goes back to 1905...which for WWE would actually be the WCW Title and why the video package they showed had highlights of guys winning the WCW Title.

Pretty amusing to see people still fantasy booking Bryan title reigns.

It's all that's left.

I've got him penciled in against Burchill at Mania, now that Burchill finally ended his long chase of Fandango for the hugely-over IC title and turned Summer Rae into a siren.

• Like 1