DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/6/13

victor

Looks like a very good show, and the Daniel Bryan heel turn is still coming.

* SmackDown kicks off with Randy Orton coming to the ring. Orton says he will prove he’s the greatest champion ever and wants to publicly apologize to The Authority. Daniel Bryan interrupts and says Orton should apologize to us for being a pretend champion. Bryan says he’s the first in line for the new champion and challenges Orton to a match tonight.

* Fandango vs. Big E Langston is up next with Damien Sandow on commentary. Big E gets the win by pinfall.

* They show the SmackDown opening in WWE 2K14 style.

* Bad News Barrett is out next. His bad news is that the WWE Universe is gullible.

* Kofi Kingston comes out and poses on the turnbuckles until Alberto Del Rio attacks him from behind. There is no match between the two.

* The Shield cut a promo about who will face CM Punk tonight. It doesn’t look like they all agree but it’s going to be Punk vs. Dean Ambrose.

* Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel is up next. Axel gets the win for his team after sneaking in a pin.

* CM Punk vs. Dean Ambrose is up next with no Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns at ringside yet. Punk got the win via GTS. Rollins or Reigns did not interfere.

* Backstage segment with Rey Mysterio, Zeb Colter, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro.

* Tamina Snuka vs. Natalya is up next. AJ Lee is on commentary. Natalya gets the win via pinfall.

* Rey Mysterio and Big Show defeated Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. Rey got the pin after jumping from Big Show’s shoulders.

* They show the latest Michael Cole and Triple H interview.

* Bad News Barrett comes out again. Good news is there will be one champion at TLC. Bad news is there will be pain in the match.

* Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan by pinfall after hitting the RKO. The Wyatt Family distracted Bryan before the end of the match then Bray Wyatt appeared on the big screen and told Bryan to join them.

I would ask why Daniel Bryan is turning heel when he's still so popular and it makes no sense, but then I remember the fans chanting his name throughout the Raw opening last week when Triple H and Stephanie were trying to get Orton/Cena over.

I would ask why Daniel Bryan is turning heel when he's still so popular and it makes no sense, but then I remember the fans chanting his name throughout the Raw opening last week when Triple H and Stephanie were trying to get Orton/Cena over.

My favorite part of that is how Cena tried explain it away as not actually having anything to do with Daniel Bryan:

"You know why they chant Yes! and Daniel Bryan?... 

[inside my head I say "Becuase they really like Daniel Bryan?"]

...Because they're sick of authority figures like you, HHH!"

Nice try, I guess.

• Like 1

Well his face run didn't bring in the ratings, or the buys, and his merch isn't moving. So why not try a heel turn. Could add some spark to his already stale act. Plus, this way they can get rid of the "YES!" chant which was starting to get in the way of the main event Superstars(Cena, Punk, Orton, Big Show, and Triple H) long promos like the old "WHAT?" chant.

I wouldn't assume he's turning heel. Him joining the Wyatt's doesn't really work. Ultimately I imagine he'll resist the dark side. 1) Him joining would kind of dilute the focus from Bray  2)  no way you can reconcile that with what they film on Total Divas. Not that TD is neccesarily wedded to the storylines but Bryan joining the evil swamp monster cult would be incongrous to him, I dunno, eating at co-ops with his Bella.

Just look at the crowd. How many people have you seen wear a "HAHA... Flying Goat" shirt? Because to my eagle eyes I've only seen a handful.

Right. Okay. That means his merch isn't moving. Because you see a crowd where half the guys who are wearing any type of wrestling stuff at all are wearing Cena stuff because that's the way it's been for a decade. And a good chunk of them don't wear it at all. Awesome deduction there.

Well his face run didn't bring in the ratings, or the buys, and his merch isn't moving. So why not try a heel turn. Could add some spark to his already stale act. Plus, this way they can get rid of the "YES!" chant which was starting to get in the way of the main event Superstars(Cena, Punk, Orton, Big Show, and Triple H) long promos like the old "WHAT?" chant.

Daniel Bryan doesn't bring in ratings, buys or "move merch", but Randy Orton and Big Show are main event superstars?

jags.gif

He's just a little beaten down.  He's still good.  He's still good.

He's just a little jobbed out.  He's still good.  He's still good.

He's just a little screwed over.  He's still good.  He's still good.

He's just a little 2nd storyline.  He's still good.  He's still good.

He's just a little Smackdown.  He's still good.  He's still good.

• Like 4

I wouldn't assume he's turning heel. Him joining the Wyatt's doesn't really work. Ultimately I imagine he'll resist the dark side. 1) Him joining would kind of dilute the focus from Bray  2)  no way you can reconcile that with what they film on Total Divas. Not that TD is neccesarily wedded to the storylines but Bryan joining the evil swamp monster cult would be incongrous to him, I dunno, eating at co-ops with his Bella.

It would make for a fun episode of Total Divas if Brie visits one of those guys who can deprogram someone who is in a cult.

I vote anyone arguing merch sales with Gonzalez is banned for 2014.

Also Gonzalez.

Sometimes people really need to argue with Gonzalez, I get it, but holy hell STOP WITH THE QUOTE BOX.

1. We all know who you are arguing with.

2. Some of us don't want to read this idiot's schtick.  It's damn near unavoidable if you quote him.

• Like 2

Can we all agree, right now, that when Wade gets future endeavored after yet another half-assed attempt to get him back to a respectable level fails, the first person to use "Bad news, Barrett" as a punchline gets banned and/or tasered?

I am also sad that about the gimmick. I didn't like it on the JBL and Cole show.

Why can't he go back to being the "I want to be the first English born WWE Champion" Woi Barrah I fell in love with? That's who he was in 2010. :(

It's not like he has the faults of the pushed and depushed midcarders. He is huge/has a great look, charismatic, and a voice that commands attention (in the right way). Y'all can get depressed over DB all you want because of the natural cynicism it takes to be a DB fan. At least the company has done their best to keep him strong..

• Like 3

Look they're going to need a guy to work with Roman Reigns in a big singles program(something he isn't particualy good at) next year post-Mania, and while Bray Wyatt is in the leader of the 2nd biggest heel gimmick, he's still just as iffy as Roman in the ring. So Daniel Bryan would be the logical choice for the WWE, and getting him involved with Wyatts could give him the heel heat he needs. Also, if they can kill the "YES" chants so they won't cut into Roman's heat 7-months before they feud, then that would end up being a huge plus for the head honchos.